“Family Vacation July 2014”

Fairfield Inn Racine
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was the friendliest hotel we stayed in over a 10 day vacation with a new hotel every night. It was clean, comfortable, and very family friendly. From the front desk check in to the breakfast attendant to check out, everyone was attentive and concerned about our comfort. Great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 25, 2014

In the context of other Fairfield Inns I've stayed at (that would be a lot), I'd rate this one as "ok". It's a small property - maybe 60 rooms total.

Our room was fairly bare bones (no refrig or anything like that) but very clean. The bathroom vanity area is teeny tiny, though. If you're a dude who just needs a shave it's fine but if you carry any amount of toiletries you'll be hard pressed for space. Beds are comfy & there isn't much exterior noise.

Interior noise, however - a real problem. We were put on the 2nd floor and could hear people stomping around above us as well as everything that was happening in the halls.

Like other Fairfields, wifi is free as is breakfast. This one has an average version with a few hot things but mostly carbs & yoghurt. They do have a pint sized pool which means this hotel attracts lots of families especially on weekends. You've been warned.

Room Tip: Ask for something on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lovewine
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Racine, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Lovewine,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn Racine. I'm glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and your bed comfortable. Please accept my apologies for any noise that disturbed your stay. On future visits we'd be glad to place you on the third floor to better suit your needs. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you on your next trip to Racine.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was in town for a business trip in January 2014. After all the flight issues I had being able to check in smoothly was welcomed and appreciated. The hotel offers a great continental breakfast with good options. The room was clean and warm. Good selection of television channels as well. Overall it was a good stay. The staff seemed friendly as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Racine, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear Audit2go,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Fairfield Inn Racine. I'm very glad to hear that you found a clean and warm room and that our friendly staff helped make your stay even better. We hope that you will keep us in mind during your next trip to the area.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The staff was reasonably friendly. Nothing special. Door card reader at side entry did not work and had no choice but to use front door. Staff were using the common eating area at entry as a hang out. The young male manager was about as cold and unfriendly as the weather. Room was slightly worn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Racine, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Jscota,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your stay at the Fairfield Inn Racine was less than exceptional. I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention, and I will address them all with my staff right away. Please allow us another opportunity to show you how we've used your comments to improve our services on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there two nights ago and my neck still hurts. The pillows were absolutely horrendous - one soft, one lumpy, one as hard as a brick. For some reason, we were given a handicapped room across from the elevator - so it was very noisy as there were soccer kids running around the halls unsupervised. I don't mean to sound like a crabby person, but it was late when we checked in and we were tired. Other than that, the room was nice, had a microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast was good and hotel is close to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Racine, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Momcat63,
Thank you for reviewing the Fairfield Inn Racine. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our location near shopping and restaurants. Please accept my apologies that our pillows were not to your liking. I wish we had known while you were still with us so that we could have brought you different ones. In the future please do not hesitate to contact our front desk if you need anything. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to impress you on your next stay in the area.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Not sure how this property became affiliated with Marriott. Room was fraught with problems.

Windows were loose and rattling. Power outlet under desk was coming out of wall and only one outlet was working. That meant I had to choose between plugging in the light or plugging in the coffee maker. I decided to move the coffee maker to another location.

When looking for the hair dryer -I found the dryer, and the wall mounted base that it attaches to, hanging in a bag in the closet. The wall mount was not.....well..... mounted on the wall. If a hotel is not going to mount the hair dryer on the wall - then they should provide a hair dryer that is not connected to a wall mounting base. Simply dumb.

Finally, my shampoo bottle was half-empty. How does that happen? Oh...perhaps if you leave the last person's shampoo in the room it will be half-empty for the next guest.

Last time I stay at this place....I'm sure it won't have the Marriott name for long.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn Racine, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Steve L,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear you had a less than exceptional stay with us. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and are actively working on ways to correct them. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to change your mind on your next stay in Racine.

Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and always greeted you as you walked past the front desk. The room was clean and it was nice to have a microwave and fridge. Free breakfast was also a nice a perk. The hotel is a bit on the small side but was quiet. Would stay here in the future if in the area.

Stayed: March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Racine
Delta Hotels by Marriott Racine
Americas Best Value Inn / Racine
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
#2 of 4 in Sturtevant

Been to Fairfield Inn Racine? Share your experiences!