“Great value”

Fairfield Inn Racine
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Second time we have stayed here and.it was great. They could have a bigger breakfast area but otherwise no complaints

• Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Racine

Reviewed March 2, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield on a pleasure trip with my granddaughter. The room was spacious, the beds comfortable, the heating system quiet, the pool clean with plenty of towels, the customer service was wonderful. The breakfast was more than adequate for us. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Marg2049
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I called the Fairfield in Racine to block some rooms for my upcoming wedding and the lady I spoke with said she would take care of it for me and the manager would get back to me with the official rates for my wedding. I few weeks go by and still no call from the manager. I finally call the manager and she says there are no rooms available anymore and she claimed to have called me back to tell me. Lying about calling someone back is terrible customer service and simply unacceptable. Planning a wedding can be stressful, and having a hotel screw up your reservation is an added stress that is so unnecessary.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We've been staying here when in the area for a few years now. It's certainly not cheap, but it's good. Recently refurbished, clean, friendly attentive staff, good pool, breakfast is OK, location is fine - restaurants/bars/pizza/shops within easy driving distance (or if you are European, easy walking distance!). The noise problem mentioned from the club next door seems to have diminished - the club is a lot less active these days.

The only downside other than price I can think of is that there is only one ice machine for three floors, and that's not going to be a deal breaker unless you are seriously lazy.

There are cheaper hotels in the area but if price isn't your limiting factor, stay here, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: If choosing a king room, pay extra for one of the larger rooms, the comfy seating area is worth the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tim L
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I am on a one year assignment that requires me to stay one eve each week. Checked local hotels and have chosen Fairfield for many reasons. This is my 3rd stay and must say, first stay was not a great one but staff is responsive. Rooms are clean but for my preference (quiet) ask to be on the 3rd floor as I seemed to hear every step in the room above me when on the 2nd floor. Hotel is updated, breakfast is good with a nice selection of foods (healthy) included. When needed, staff has answered questions. Send confirmation emails - so ... will update as time goes on this year!

Room Tip: 3rd floor helps for me
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ayoungnana
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I never write reviews, but this was such an experience I had to post.

At first glance I give the hotel 4/5 stars. After staying I give the hotel 2/5 stars.... and this is why...

1) Unprofessional staff
As soon as I booked the hotel, I called and made two requests: one) I wanted a "quiet" room in the BACK of the hotel; two) I wanted an early check-in. The lady who I spoke with on the phone said that it would be no problem and she was going to write it down under my name. Upon arrival, sure enough they put me in a room in the front of the hotel right in back of a bar/bowling alley. When I returned to the front desk, the lady told me that there was no request under my name.

2) Rude/unaccommodating staff
When told her that I called and made these requests (which she found no history of), I asked for another room. She hesitated and said, "I'll see what I can do." She comes back after 10 minutes and basically throws new keys at me. This lady had the worst attitude the entire time I spoke with her. My boyfriend even asked me why she was being so mean to me. Maybe it wasn't her day; but let's get real, your main responsibility is good CUSTOMER SERVICE, so get with it! Sure enough, what room does she put me in... oh, the same room number but two floors up (in the front of the hotel). I gave up.

3) Loudness
This hotel is located next to a bar/bowling alley that is open until 2 am. Yes, the hotel met with people that own the bar and demanded that they keep the music down; but, it is STILL loud. Granted I was there on a Sat night, but there was constant commotion from the music at the bar and loud motorcycles/car bass outside in the parking lot. Since this hotel faces the parking lot, prepare for noise.

Perks: free waffles in the morning, modern rooms with comfortable beds plus flat screen TVs, and the swimming pool is open until midnight.

Advice: get a room in the BACK of the hotel, and call multiple times to make sure they write your request down.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are the quietest.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie G
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We are just passing through and picked this place cause it's close to the hwy. The bad: price just a shade high, the bathroom door extremely squeaky and shower head not screwed on. The good: very clean, staff always smiling, attentive, friendly, breakfast very well stocked and clean. The bad was minor and the good far outweighed those small issues. I'd book this if passing through again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jawz008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Racine
Delta Hotels by Marriott Racine
Americas Best Value Inn / Racine
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
Days Inn Racine/Sturtevant
#2 of 4 in Sturtevant

Been to Fairfield Inn Racine? Share your experiences!