“Decent, but had better in town.”
Review of Javier's Cuisine

Javier's Cuisine
Ranked #3 of 248 Restaurants in Racine
Cuisines: Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Javier is a self taught chef, who wants to share his love of food and hard earned expertise, he has a unique ability to make dishes that produce delicious results. Javier’s cooking is multidimensional and is not your typical Mexican restaurant. The menu we offer has a wide range of options; it's a nice mix of family recipes and Javier's creations. We offer Mexican favorites with a unique flair; we also have delicious vegetarian options, and is a great place to treat your gluten-free palate as well. There is always a new special with Javier's Gourmet touch. We also offer a comfortable atmosphere for drinks and dining inside and out.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had the Tacos al pastor, it was pretty good. The salsa and chips came within 3 min. The salsa is not good. 1 very young waitress serving everyone, she was busy. Need to think about hiring a second server. I might try it again.

1  Thank seanyy11
There are newer reviews for Javier's Cuisine

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was my first visit and I regret having waited so long to go. The beans are delicious and the steak and mushroom quesidilla was excellent. Service was very friendly and quick. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've been to Javier's twice in the past couple of months. Both times we've gone after 7pm on a Saturday and we got a table pretty much right away. The servers are always nice and quick, no problems there.
The first time I was there I had a combo, one chimichanga and one burrito. Both were just so-so and lacking that special something. They weren't awful, at all, just not as good as the reviews state. The second time I had the fish tacos and those were definitely better than the combo. They were crispy and delicious. The table side guacamole is nothing special, a copy of most Mexican restaurants in the area.
I'd go there if I wanted Mexican and didn't want to drive too far. I think I still favor driving to La Tapatia if I want something really authentic.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Javier's is a cozy, family-friendly restaurant. The food is exceptional from the warm chips to the table side guacamole to the excellent entrees. It's a reasonable priced with everything under $14. And it has a kid's menu that my kids love! You will love it. And everyone that works there is Javier's family -- you can't go wrong.

1  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went on a Monday night after a long day and to our surprise, the dining experience was fantastic! My husband ordered the chicken fajitas and he loved the flavors on his palate. it was far better than the average fajitas that one gets at our other Mexican restaurants. I was not quite as adventurous and ordered a combination plate. Though simple, the flavors were equally better than what I have had in a very long time.
We are anxious to return and next time I will try something out of my usual comfort zone.

1  Thank TomTWI

Been to Javier's Cuisine? Share your experiences!