“Well Worth the Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SC Johnson Headquarters

SC Johnson Headquarters
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Racine
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you’re a Frank Lloyd Wright fan, a unique aircraft enthusiast or simply love our household products, you’re always welcome to visit SC Johnson.We welcome visitors and offer free public tours that provide different views of the company's inspired architecture, including: •The Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Administration Building •The award-winning Foster + Partners-designed Fortaleza Hall •The SC Johnson Gallery: At Home with Frank Lloyd Wright •Film showings of the Academy Award-winning documentary To Be Alive! and the acclaimed Carnauba: A Son’s Memoir at The Golden Rondelle Theater. All tours also include a visit to The Lily Pad, our gift shop.
Northbrook, IL
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Well Worth the Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Frank Lloyd Wright buildings are always interesting to visit and this one is no exception. I had never before been in a Wright commercial building so thanks to SC Johnson for opening up the Research Tower for tours. Very educational. Although the Research Tower is no longer in use because it has only one stairwell, the Admin Building is still used. Two women in our tour group worked there years ago and it was interesting to get their perspective. Our tour guide wouldn't let one of them see her old desk (if I were the guide I would have taken her over there).

Plan on two hours for the tour. More if you want to see the movies in the theater.

New York City, New York
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Fascinating Space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

If you are a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, this is a must do. We were unable to take the public tours held friday-Sunday, but luckily met an employee of SC Johnson on a FL Wright related car tour, and he offered to show us some of the buildings. The administration room is iconic, a unique experience.

Indianapolis, Indiana
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wish I could have toured”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I signed up for the tour, but I had my dogs with me and couldn't leave them in the car for two hours. The people at Johnson Wax were really nice and let me take pictures even though I didn't tour.

1 Thank Susan F
Margate, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Worth the trip to Wisconsin for this alone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

When I read that the research tower was opening for tours, I could only hope that I could book a tour. This tour was a dream fulfilled for a Wright architecture enthusiast. It was a delight being able to see the research tower as well as the administration action building. One of the tour members said her Dad had worked on the construction of the tower, so she had some stories to share which made a wonderful experience even better. Thank you to the SC Johnson company for allowing the public to access these architectural gems. The tour guide was excellent. Definitely worth the trip.

Toronto, Canada
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Research Tower open at long last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

The SC Johnson HQ in Racine is a jewel. The restrained beauty of the administration building interior stirs the soul. Kudos to the Johnson family for preserving these buildings in mint condition - truly a gift to humanity.

We were so fortunate to be one of the first groups to see the research tower interior after decades of being closed to the public. The tour allowed us to wander around two floors of the tower which have been meticulously restored. The self-guided exhibits are fascinating.

Fortaleza Hall provides a wonderful counterpoint to the Wright structures. I loved the curved glass walls, infinity pond and etched concrete walls. It is a very elegant space. The Lily Pad gift shop has some unique items - do plan to spend some time there.

Touring the administration building, research tower and Fortaleza Hall takes about 1.5 hours and is free.

I also recommend seeing the film "To Be Alive" which is shown in the Golden Rondelle theater. It is a 17-minute, three-screen film that is just a joy to watch.

Visited May 2014