“Bravo To The Staff”

DoubleTree by Hilton Racine Harbourwalk
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Racine
Reviewed April 27, 2007

We booked 7 rooms for our family, and everyone was happy with their room. The Chancery catered our Rehersal Dinner in the Zephyr room. The view of the marina was wonderful. The food and presentation outstanding. The staff at both the Chancery and the Radisson were very pleasant, and accommodating. We are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Racine Harbourwalk

Reviewed October 8, 2006

We stayed at the Radisson Harbourwalk in August 2006 in one of the "updated" rooms. Wow...our room was straight out of a Doris Day movie...white furniture with gold painted accents, turquoise carpeting, old, old, old printed wallpaper (flowers, I think), old bathroom, and a sleep number bed (that and some more modern-looking pictures must have been the updates). Our room was NOT pictured on the website. The place really smells, too. We were supposed to stay two nights but we checked out after the first night and went to chicago. Dump!!!! And not at ALL worth the money!!!

And don't let the harbour shots fool you either. If you pick the Radisson to enjoy the view from your room, you'll be dissappointed too.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kersti
Reviewed September 24, 2006

My stay was OK, was not there much was in town for a wedding. Long story short, I was double charged on a $250.00 bill on my credit card. Upon contacting the hotel directly, they didn't even apologize for the mistake! They proceded to blame it on my credit card company, then they blamed their computer system, basically they would not fess up to their error, and credit my card back. I could not even get the manager on the phone to voice my displeasure with how they handled the situation, so now maybe after hours of waiting on hold with my credit card co. and the radisson corporate cust. service line, just maybe I'll get my credit back, I can only pray. Somehow I feel I should have been compensated for my frustration, but the radisson felt they didn't need to own up to their 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank callen737
Reviewed September 6, 2006

Agree with most of the reviews, this hotel is ok, but for the rooms rates Radisson charges, I would expected much more. The room was well appointed. The bed was not very comfortable, it was one of the adjustable mattress beds Radisson is pushing in the hope the customer likes it enough to buy one for their home. Also, I found rooms were not very quiet, there were some late night revellers who I could hear through the thin walls. The internet service in the lobby didn't work very well either. Bottomline, this is a very average hotel charging very expensive room rates.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Travelleramundo
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel on three occasions. The first time they were renovating a wing of the hotel, but there was no noise or dust, so I was not bothered. The second visit, the wing was partially complete, again no bother. The third time, the wing was complete and I was treated to one of their rooms--not a good stay.

First two times, there were no incidents. Check-in was quick and easy. Parking is an issue. You can park on the street at a meter, but have to move before 8AM or you'll get a ticket. To be safe, you can use the parking deck across the street, which is coin operated and covered, but not secure. Either way, you'll be charged a parking ramp fee by the hotel. There's an on-site restaurant that serves generally good food, but not a lot of healthy choices. The hotel is on the harbour, which has breathtaking views. I've only been there in the winter, so can't speak to other seasons, but even when it's cold it's beautiful. The trail from the hotel all around is about a mile, which is a good walk if you don't want to use their gym. The gym is small, but effective.

The last time I stayed, I had to move 2 times before I got a satisfactory room. I didn't want to stay in the first room because it was on the first floor, so they moved me to the second floor, but the room had not been cleaned when I went there. The third room was one of the recently renovated rooms with a great view of the harbour and a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was not hooked up, it was dusty like they had just built the room and I ended up getting some kind of bug bite. Housekeeping was not responsive to my requests and I was out most of the two days I was there on business, so didn't realize my requests had not been addressed until I arrived later in the evening exhausted from meetings. I'd use the hotel again because it's fairly convenient to most of the agencies I meet with, but Racine isn't a big town to begin with and the selections are few and far between.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Crecia
A TripAdvisor Member
Racine Wisconsin
Reviewed July 15, 2006

My friend from out of town booked a room at this hotel. The room was not clean. The toilet was broken. Some of the lamps in the room did not work. The air conditioning was not working properly. When my friend and I went to the front desk to ask for out money back so she could check out we were told by the very young girls working at the desk that therer was no manager on site at that time and there was nothing they could do for us.
This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel that charges the high price for rooms. Terrible hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2006

It has a great location on the harbor. Just a few step away from Lake Michigan and downtown Racine. You can park and walk anywhere. We had a marina view king suite. Would classify it as just above average. Very quiet the two nights we stayed there. Jacuzzi tub in the room. Starbucks coffee bar in the lobby. Indoor pool, that we did not use. Restaurant attached, but we did not dine there. Try the Yellow Rose downtown, you'll enjoy it. Overall satisfied with the room and hotel and really liked the location. One tidbit, they will charge you $2.50 a night for parking. It's a city owned parking deck, but very secure.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank islandexplorer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Racine
Delta Hotels by Marriott Racine
#4 of 8 in Racine
Wyndham Garden Kenosha Harborside
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI
Americas Best Value Inn / Racine

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Racine Harbourwalk? Share your experiences!