DoubleTree by Hilton Racine Harbourwalk
Country Inn
$68
Excel Inn(Sturtevant)(Great Value!)
$50
All reviewslake michigansleep numbermarina viewattached restaurantdouble treedowntown areabusiness tripvery nice hotelfirst floornice stayindoor poolfree breakfastharborwalklakefrontjacuzziwi
Reviewed August 1, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel on three occasions. The first time they were renovating a wing of the hotel, but there was no noise or dust, so I was not bothered. The second visit, the wing was partially complete, again no bother. The third time, the wing was complete and I was treated to one of their rooms--not a good stay.

First two times, there were no incidents. Check-in was quick and easy. Parking is an issue. You can park on the street at a meter, but have to move before 8AM or you'll get a ticket. To be safe, you can use the parking deck across the street, which is coin operated and covered, but not secure. Either way, you'll be charged a parking ramp fee by the hotel. There's an on-site restaurant that serves generally good food, but not a lot of healthy choices. The hotel is on the harbour, which has breathtaking views. I've only been there in the winter, so can't speak to other seasons, but even when it's cold it's beautiful. The trail from the hotel all around is about a mile, which is a good walk if you don't want to use their gym. The gym is small, but effective.

The last time I stayed, I had to move 2 times before I got a satisfactory room. I didn't want to stay in the first room because it was on the first floor, so they moved me to the second floor, but the room had not been cleaned when I went there. The third room was one of the recently renovated rooms with a great view of the harbour and a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi was not hooked up, it was dusty like they had just built the room and I ended up getting some kind of bug bite. Housekeeping was not responsive to my requests and I was out most of the two days I was there on business, so didn't realize my requests had not been addressed until I arrived later in the evening exhausted from meetings. I'd use the hotel again because it's fairly convenient to most of the agencies I meet with, but Racine isn't a big town to begin with and the selections are few and far between.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Crecia
A TripAdvisor Member
Racine Wisconsin
Reviewed July 15, 2006

My friend from out of town booked a room at this hotel. The room was not clean. The toilet was broken. Some of the lamps in the room did not work. The air conditioning was not working properly. When my friend and I went to the front desk to ask for out money back so she could check out we were told by the very young girls working at the desk that therer was no manager on site at that time and there was nothing they could do for us.
This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel that charges the high price for rooms. Terrible hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 1, 2006

It has a great location on the harbor. Just a few step away from Lake Michigan and downtown Racine. You can park and walk anywhere. We had a marina view king suite. Would classify it as just above average. Very quiet the two nights we stayed there. Jacuzzi tub in the room. Starbucks coffee bar in the lobby. Indoor pool, that we did not use. Restaurant attached, but we did not dine there. Try the Yellow Rose downtown, you'll enjoy it. Overall satisfied with the room and hotel and really liked the location. One tidbit, they will charge you $2.50 a night for parking. It's a city owned parking deck, but very secure.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank islandexplorer
Reviewed July 28, 2005

My family stayed here on Monday, July 25th. The accomodations were fine. There wasn't anything fancy, but the room was clean and comfortable. With temperatures in the low 90's, the air conditioner worked fine, which was a relief on a hot day. Our room was equipped with two double beds and the room was spacious.

There was an indoor pool which did not have the chlorine problem that was experienced by the previous reviewer. My son swam for about two hours and enjoyed himself.

The front-desk staff were friendly and knowledgable about the area. They also kept a smile on their face despite not having air-conditioning in the lobby (broke, I guess).

The real find of this hotel was the Chancery restaurant. One of my big problems with moderate priced hotels nowadays is the below average food and service at hotel restaurants. This was an extraordinarily pleasant surprise. In addition to a wide variety of items that were reasonably priced, the service was truly outstanding (ask for Megan). The folks in the kitchen presented the food neatly, with a great sense of pride. A nice choice of fish, pasta, salads, appetizers, and sandwiches should please even the pickiest of eaters. Kids meals were all under $4. There is also a nice bar area to relax and enjoy a few cocktails and a sporting event on tv.

Parking at the hotel is also not the serious problem that was mentioned in the previous review. Going in and out of the hotel was 75 cents each time. While it does get a little annoying to feed the machine each time, even leaving four times a day costs only $3. Bring lots of quarters or singles and you should be fine.

One minor flaw: There is a happy hour from 6:30-8:30, which was pretty weak. There was an advertisement for hot appetizers, which I never saw. There were two bottles of wine and tap beer for self-service and a couple of bowls of chips and nuts. Not much atmosphere, as it was in a small meeting room. A better idea would be to move the party to the Chancery and have discounts on appetizers and beverages.

There is a public beach about five blocks north fo the hotel was very clean and not overcrowded. Also, if you have kids, Racine has a great zoo (no admission cost) which was a nice bonus.

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank ldteacher
Reviewed September 20, 2004

we stayed at the radisson harbourwalk in racine, WI on september 18,2004. we reserved 2 adjoining rooms so that our children would have more room to venture. our disappointment came when we had 4 towels for showers. we requested more towels but, the front desk advised us that they were out due to a busy weekend. we ended up sharing towels as we needed to get ready for the wedding. later that night we requested more blankets as the children were cold. the blankets were brought in the next morning, 2 hours before check-out time. i advised the staff that they were no longer needed as everyone had already slept for the night. the staff appologized stating they were out of blankets due to a busy night. that morning our children were hungry. we ventured out for some kind of continental breakfast, but, there was none. i approached the front desk to find out if i was looking in the wrong area & thats when she told me that they do not have a continental breakfast on weekends. we were forced to eat at the chancery that was connected to the hotel because if we were to leave, we would be charged for parking again. what a clever idea.our last complaint comes from the pool area. our children wanted to take a swim before we left. we watched them swim for about a 1/2 hour before we realized that the chlorine level was way above what it was suppose to be at. we took the kids out of the pool and quickly put them in the shower room that was in the pool area. i went to put shampoo in their hair to quickly get the chlorine out but, the shampoo dispensers were empty.i had to leave the kids in the shower while i went to the front desk to ask for the shampoo dispensers to be refilled. the kids hair had already been damaged by the chlorine. the chlorine level being too high had already burnt holes in their hair folicles. it is very upsetting when you have to have 6 inches of your daughters hair cut off due to 1/2 hour of swimming, which, did not turn out to be much fun for the kids as their swim was limited due to the excessive amount of chlorine in the pool. i definately do not recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice classy hotel on lake michigan. we were extremely disappointed! the patio doors in the rooms were screwed shut so there were no windows that could be opened. you have to pay 1.00 per room for parking when you check-out. there is also a .75 cent charge for everytime you leave & come back to the parking ramp. hopefully during your stay you walk everywhere you go otherwise you will need quarters for everytime you leave the parking structure. i do not recommend this hotel as the rooms are 5 star prices w/o the bells & whistles, they are not fully equipted w/enough of the necessities necessary for a comfortable stay, the toilitries were not stocked, the pool was not safe health wise, the parking was a terrible experience in itself, and there wasent even donuts in the lobby the next morning. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS HOTEL AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A VERY NICE STAY ON LAKE MICHIGAN.

13  Thank kneecey54981