“Must have the cheese curds”

Muddy Waters Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Prescott
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Beautiful scenery no matter what season, professional wait staff, excellent food and great prices. I will happily pay more when I receive all three, ambiance, service and food quality above normal. Muddy Waters exceeds all three.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we were coming across the bridge, I saw all the bikes in the parking lot behind the restaurant. So we stopped for lunch. I had the muffaletta, my husband the chicken both very good. We enjoyed sitting on the deck, there are plenty of umbrella's so its shady. Right on the river, give it a try!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I went to Black Waters (formerly Muddy Waters) with a friend for supper. I ordered a pulled pork with coleslaw and fries. They forgot the coleslaw. My friend had a burger with fries. The fries wwere so hard even the waitress had trouble breaking them between her fingers. The excuse was new oil in the fryer. So then I watch her go around and apologize to the table next to us. She did ask if we would like more...? We declined but she could take the cost off the bill. Nope we were charged full price and she disappeared till we were leaving and she went to get the receipt. Skip this place the food was less than average and the service was even worst...I ate here 6 mos. ago and it was OK...if this is due to new management I give it a year.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am giving Muddy Waters 2 stars only for ambiance. Their deck is beautiful and the blues music was terrific.

The hostess told us she had nothing outside. When we debated on leaving, a second hostess said they had one small table on the lower deck. That one was right in front of the band where people were dancing, and while we loved the music, we were there to eat. They offered us indoor seating and when we started talking among ourselves about going across the street they immediately found a table on the upper deck. 12 tables, only 3 others with people at them, and 3 waitstaff. In the 90 minutes we were there, no more than 8 tables were ever full and yet we heard them continue to try to seat people inside.

Service was OK, except we found hair in every one of our water glasses. Ick.

As for the food, it was pricey and so-so. We were never told there were two menus: "Fine dining" upstairs and a bar menu down. I have no idea what they serve inside.

Fine dining is relative, I guess. Hubby had the ribs based on reviews here. Really? Unsauced boiled ribs, while meaty, were small and unappealing. They would have been wise to cover the grey meat with some sauce instead of serving it on the side, although the two sauces were pedestrian. I had walleye, which was overdone, and we both had their special au gratin potatoes -- hard potatoes and cheese sauce that had obviously been scorched. Ugh. The promised cole slaw never appeared and there were no bread baskets to fill the empty spots. Our daughter had a small basket of deep-fried-to-death cheese curds that were nearly $10. $50 (before tax and tip) doesn't buy much here.

We'll be back, but only for a little more rude treatment from the hostess, a cold beer and great music.

1  Thank not-naturally-red
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Food is ok. Nothing special. Swivel bar stools are uncomfortable. Service at lunch was slow. What kind of place only allows one free soda refill? Bloody Mary was good but I was never asked if I wanted a second.

1  Thank Lisamarch