“Not bad at all”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Omaha, Nebraska
“Not bad at all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We only stayed over night but found the room to be more than adequate and clean. We were treated to an upgrade upon check-in, to the Villa Louis room. It was charming and added a little fun to our trip. Breakfast was available and it was okay, someone put a great effort into making it tasty. At times we could hear the outside traffic but it really didn't bother us. I'd stay again if we were in the area.

Room Tip: The theme rooms are charming!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CJ-Omaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Nice cozy hotel nice in room hot tub room check with other hotel nobody has hot tub room like this hotel varity of selection on rooms

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sexy s
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My room was a whirlpool suite - large and clean. Staying here on business, I did not have any interest in the whirlpool with walled mirrors behind it. Slightly dated furnishings but not bad. Otherwise, the room and bathroom was very clean and included a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Other amenities included blow dryer, iron and ironing board. The bed felt hard at first, but it was comfortable. The interior layout of the bathroom left little counter space. I did not see the indoor pool or workout room. I'm not sure what other hotels are in Prairie du Chien, but this might be one of the better places. The other reviews complaining about road noise are accurate. My room was not on the road side of the building, but even so, the vehicle noise was very noticeable. My advice, make sure you get a room which is not on the road side of the building. Decent looking quick style breakfast layout in the morning, but I did not partake, so I can't comment on the quality of the food. The front desk people I had were very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face the road.
Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Fusebuddy
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

The hotel is located next to a busy road. Yes, awaken by semi trucks and loud traffic less than 100 feet from my bedroom window. The room is not nice at all it looks like 1978 with old and tattered comforter, carpet, pillows. I could not believe that the TV was sitting on an old sewing machine stand OMG! We traveled very light and thought we could do laundry before we ran out of clothing. The morning mananger siad they did not have anything for guests to use.. Hum, now I am off to find a laundromat and not happy about that either. We needed to use the internet and print an important document for a court meeting for my mother in law and could not print at the hotel. We were told again they did not have a guest printer and when the lobby printer broke they did not see a need to replace it. My biggest complaint is not being able to get a good night rest due to the old beds and ALL THE ROAD TRAFFIC!! My brother in law was lucky to stay at the Country Inn and Suites for $10 less dollars a night, yes he slept great without noise and new beds. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMENT THIS HOTEL BEST WESTERN TO ANYONE IN THIS TOWN!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Where are the rooms located from the road? Do you have a working laundry room for guests? Are any of...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank flipflopsinthesun
Atlantic City, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

We thought the property was a bit overpriced for the time of year. Not really a high season. The room was okay about average. Breakfast was for me disappointing becasue there was no microwave to reheat anything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar Falls, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

I have never had such a poor experience with a hotel in my life. We made a reservation at this hotel, and later were given an opportunity to stay closer to our destination for much less money, so we called up Best Western, and talked to Mr. Patel, the manager. He agreed to let us cancel our reservation, and was very nice about the whole issue -- until the day after our reservation, a charge appeared on our credit card. Despite cancelling our room, we were charged anyway. When I called the hotel to set things straight, I was called a liar, and the manager proceeded to scream at me over the phone. He even had the gall to make fun of the way I talk -- which is strange, since I sound like a midwesterner, and his hotel is in the midwest. After a long discussion with this insulting man, he told me the only way I could get a refund and correct his mistake would be to call the corporate offices -- which, as it turns out, was just the lie he told me to get me off the phone, as the corporate offices informed me that only the manager at a given hotel can issue refunds. It's really sad that Best Western allows such terrible managers to continue, and sully the Best Western image. I won't be staying with any Best Western again -- they obviously don't care about customer satisfaction.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jeff C
Madison, WI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were camping in nearby Wyalusing Park & got rained out one night. Our tent was totally wet inside & out so we needed some last minute lodging on a Tuesday night. The Best Western was a bit outdated & in need of a remodel & some minor repairs, but we assumed it was probably typical for the area. All of the rooms are suites. Some are "theme suites". We just needed a basic room for 2 adults & 2 kids & were a little surprised that it was $100. The room was big enough since it was a suite, but could certainly do with a make over in general. Everything was clean, but just kind of outdated. The pool was small but with no one else around we had it all to ourselves & enjoyed it. The jacuzzi was nice as well. There was a very small work-out space as well. Breakfast was included & consisted of the standard buffet stuff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Eat-A-Lot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Prairie du Chien
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Windsor Place Inn
Windsor Place Inn
#6 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie...
#1 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
#3 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien

Been to Bluffview Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!