“Food was ok but restaurant needed a thorough cleaning”
Review of Kaber's Supper Club - CLOSED

Kaber's Supper Club
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I am surprised to see the high ratings for Kaber's. Walking into the restaurant we were immediately greeted by a funk smell; smoke, decades of food smell and body odor. The menus were also dirty. We had the pizza special and it was good but took a long time. I personally would not recommend Kaber's

There are newer reviews for Kaber's Supper Club

Reviewed August 23, 2009

If you love those restaurants that haven't changed for a jillion years then this is the place for you. Everything on the menu is very inexpensive for what you get considering the dinners come with salad bar and two sides. They had pickled herring on the salad bar, what a treat! Don't come here in a hurry though, the dinner took 57 minutes from order to arrival. Have some cocktails, stroll downtown and you'll enjoy even the slightly greasy menus.

1  Thank Springers
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We dined there in July on a Saturday night. A short wait in the bar with a well made, reasonably priced drink. The food was great, service was wonderful and the place has a comfortable, 1960's supper club feel. Great prices for quality food.
We didn't have desert but it looked good.

5  Thank globaloutlook
Reviewed July 21, 2009

On a recent trip to Prairie du Chien, my husband and I chose Kaber's for dinner. Our choice was based on reviews I had seen in this website. Though the reviews were several years old, we decided to give it a try. We were definitely NOT disappointed! It was easy to see that it was a favorite place of locals – the wait staff/bar staff welcomed many by name. The atmosphere was friendly and comfortable. We were promptly shown to a table and our wonderful waitress Jean gave us a rundown of the night’s specials It was a Friday night, so those specials consisted of several varieties of fish (cod, catfish, salmon) each prepared to the diner’s tastes – grilled, fried, Cajun style. Served with French fries and cole slaw, these specials ranged in price from $7.95 to $9.95. Other choices of potato and inclusion of the salad bar were available for a small additional charge.

We opted for other than the specials – my husband chose a T-Bone and I the lamb chops – which each came with choice of soup or tomato juice, the salad bar and a bread basket. The food was wonderful and incredibly priced. The bill without gratuity (including two beverages) came to $42!

We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone planning a visit to the PduC area.

One caveat though – if you’re in a hurry, this is not the place for you. However – if you’re interested in a leisurely, satisfying, homey dining experience, Kaber’s fills the bill!

2  Thank Tosamom2
Reviewed December 14, 2006

Last Sunday, I went to Kaber's in PdC, WI. I sit down in the quiet dining room filled with the friendly staff and regulars that were already there. I was suprised as to how the staff knew most of their customers by name. Before I ordered the buss boy had already given me a full cracker and bread basket and a glass of water, and he joked that I could've left with a full stomach and not even pay for anything.

When I placed my order the waitress the informed me of the night's special, a 13oz New York Strip for under $13. I decided I'd try it, then she asked if I wanted homemade soup or tomato juice, and what potato I wanted. The salad bar is also included in the meal.

The steak was huge, and cooked perfectly. The waitress said you should see the T-Bone.

3  Thank kevinjk