“New Years Eve”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Drew , Miranda, Tasia & staff....You Once again ROCKED IT !!! What a FABULOUS buffet! Coming 200 miles to spend NYEve at the Barn & to see everyone was totally awesome! The Prime Rib was the best I have ever had ANYWHERE & that includes here in the Cedar Valley. The Chicken breast in Wine Mushroom sauce, Ribs, Cod,, grilled & fried shrimp, different kinds of potatoes, overflowing salad bar with SO many different selections, veg beef soup...absolutely wonderful! Once again, AWESOME JOB ALL! Jerry & Lynnie

Reviewed December 16, 2013

While in Prairie du Chien, we had decided to go out to eat at The Barn with a few friends from town who go out to eat there on a regular basis. We went out on a busy Saturday night and were told that there was a waiting list and we were more than welcome to go have a few drinks at the bar and they would let us know when a table was ready. We completely understood as we did not make reservations. So we went to the bar and enjoyed a few drinks; the bartenders were very friendly and all had great attitudes. After a table opened up the hostess came and got us and we were seated. Our waitress was great she made sure that we had everything we could possibly need. We all had the prime rib and it was one of the BEST prime ribs I have ever had! It was also nice to see a menu with such great options and not just the ordinary burgers, fish, etc. They also have SO many side choices, I just had a baked potato. But it wasn't JUST a baked potato, it was the biggest potato I have ever seen; you could almost have the potato as a meal! I would defiantly recommend eating here it is such a neat atmosphere and everyone was so friendly!

2  Thank Stoddard01940
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stopped in at The Barn after seeing the sign on Hwy 35 on a busy Friday night. The Barn was packed so went into the bar for a few drinks while we waited for our table. The Bartender was excellent and very friendly to us "out of towners". We were then shown to our table by the Hostess. Our food was excellent, and everyone who worked there and very friendly and outgoing! We would definately recommend The Barn and we our going back there for a Christmas get together soon.

1  Thank MRSSIPPI2013
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a group of three seated at "a four-top" around 7:00p on a Saturday night. We unexpectedly had two friends stop by as we were half-way through our salad bar. We asked if we could get one more chair at our table so our friends could order drinks and we could all visit, mind you they have a huge reception hall with hundreds of chairs right next to the dining area…we were also adjacent to a table with two empty chairs that ordered after we did (so we would be leaving before they would). My husband asked for an extra chair from the wait-staff and they said “sure no prob”, after several minutes, nothing, so I asked the hostess if we could get an extra chair so that our friends could order drinks and we could visit. She said she didn’t want to break away ANY of the extra chairs and asked snidely “are they eating???” If they weren’t going to order anything, I wouldn’t have asked for a chair…but I said they were definitely ordering drinks and we were going to visit a bit before going to the bar area after dining. Then I asked if we could borrow one from the adjacent table with only two people seated right next to us. She said she didn’t want to leave the table as a “three-top” and then proceeded to discuss the situation with her high-school aged servers. I decided to go back to my table and our friends left the dining area to sit at the bar the rest of the evening where they proceeded to ORDER drinks and two appetizers. Some time after they left the dining hall, the hostess brought over a chair and said she was concerned about one of the near-by barn poles being in our way…which was a compete cop-out and never explained to me when I asked the first time. We told her it was too late, they went to the bar area and we’d be out of the dining hall shortly anyway. Then while paying, my husband explained what an unpleasant situation the whole ordeal was and she told him that I never said our friends would be ordering drinks and that’s why she didn’t feel the need to do anything. Which was a COMPLETE LIE. The whole situation was completely ridiculous and the hostesses “country club” attitude throughout the whole thing was a complete turn off. The new menu is completely boring: steak, fish, pasta and the sides are some of the worst I’ve had. Our high-school server had more class than the hostess (and was tipped generously because of it) but because of the hostesses attitude; we won’t be going back again. There are much better options available with friendlier staff and more varied menu options. My husband and I ate at the Chinese Buffet the next day for lunch and our service was excellent.

2  Thank TRUDIE M
Reviewed October 21, 2013

While in Prairie Du Chien WI, we had plans of going back to the Black Angus Restaurant, but while at Shihata Apple Orchard a lady who worked there told us about The Barn. We decided to give it a try that Saturday evening. We were not disappointed at all. They were very busy, but service was excellent. One person in our party ordered the Rib Eye steak, I ordered the Filet Medallions. Both were excellent choices. The rice pilaf was just so so, they had a salad bar with two choices of soup, and a good number of salad choices.
We were very happy with our choice of The Barn for dinner and would go there again.

1  Thank babica49