“rooms and owner fantastic”
Review of Windsor Place Inn

Windsor Place Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed on a Tuesday and Wednesday first week of October 2013. When we arrived at about 8:10 pm we were kind of upset that there was no one to check us in. Sign on the desk said be back in 20 minutes.. went to pick up guests. Since I needed to use the restroom I was the most upset. Owner came back from his pickup 15 minutes later and was so nice and helpful I had forgive him. I wish he could staff so guests never are left waiting though. Owner helped us take our bags to our room.. very nice man. Ice machine was broke but he offered to go to the hotel next door to fetch some. I wish he would have been proactive and had a cooler full of ice in house for guests. The room was very nice. Beds with 4 pillows on each one were so wonderful. He had put a power strip on the night table for guests to use so you weren't moving furniture to plug something in. GENIUS! I wish every hotel did this!! Had a great night. They had biscuits and gravy along with the usual fare. The biscuits and gravy were very very good. They also had a drinking water dispenser with lemons floating in the water in the lobby. Great touch. On Wednesday morning though 2 of his staff sat next to me at breakfast gossiping for one full hour about other staff. Very unprofessional and sad to see them stealing pay from nice owner. Just before he arrived they finally got to work. Overall. Great rooms and beds and very nice owner!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Watch the signs as it is around the corner, as the sign says. Host very friendly and helpful. Room was probably 5 star for us. Very clean and comfortable. Spacious. Micro and frig were a
bonus.. The breakfast was very good and had a good variety.
Price was reasonable and we will be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosanne B
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The good part is that the room was very large and it had a very large TV. Now the rest. Housekeeping staff was apparently very lacadasical as we found a used bar of soap in the shower. Carpets need shampooed, not "really" dirty but a bit tacky. Worst was the plastic covering the mattress. To their credit they had a pad between the mattress and sheets, but still it prevented a good sleep. The free breakfast was on par with an Econolodge. We ate elsewhere. In fact, everything was on par with Econolodge. Nothing was terrible or totally unacceptable. It's just that for $133, I'd expected much better. Half that cost would have been about right.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vancamper
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have few complaints and enjoyed my stay at the Windsor Place Inn. The room I was checked into was clean and very large. It had two queen beds and still had room for a couch and coffee table with room to spare. I felt like I should have brought more luggage to fill up the empty spaces. Definitely no worry that I might bump into a maze of furniture during a trip to the bathroom in the dark. There was a large flat screen TV on one wall and more than enough channels to keep me happy.

The bathroom was clean and had the most counter space I have every seen in a hotel. I don't know if it was just the room I was checked into or if all rooms have them but there was pump hand soap dispenser for the sink. I don't know if they wanted me to feel at home or they just didn't want to buy the typical small hotel soap bars.

In the shower/tub there was a wall hanging soap and shampoo dispenser. I have always found these kind of weird. I never know how long the shampoo has been in there and what else might have been added. This in-shower dispenser was in a bad location too. To use it required pushing the shower curtain open a little and I never figured out how to dispense shampoo without dripping water on the bathroom floor next to the tub.

The breakfast in the front lobby wasn't spectacular but it was tasty. I don't know why but the waffle iron was hard to master. If one didn't very thoroughly coat the surface with non-stick spay the waffle wasn't coming out. The waffles were good once they were pried out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dirk9
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The manager matched the price of a competitor hotel that was full. He came in and helped with the fold out couch a even dressed it for us! Rooms were very clean and big enough for three adultsThe breakfast was fantastic. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Cb8978
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We checked in on Saturday afternoon for a 4:00pm wedding. Our room (204) was large with 2 firm queen beds and a sofa bed. Two high back arm chairs and a coffee table as well. Large 42" flat screen TV and a spacious bathroom. The toilet seat was in need of replacement but was useable. We were please with the accomodations in the room. The pool and hot tub were acceptable, rather small but ok. Our overall experience was a good one.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John M
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My Wife and I stayed here for the Christmas weekend and we were very happy with our accomodations.
The hotel was very clean. The bed was harder than we like,but sleepable. The room was absolutely quiet, which is a plus anywhere I stay.
The whirlpool was covered when we went to enjoy it, but the staff there was very happy to uncover it and explain how to use it.
Both mornings we really enjoyed the continental breakfasts, which was stocked with fresh fruit, danish, cereals and toaster items. We particularly enjoyed the waffles!!! When we get back to Prairie Du Chien we will be sure to stay there again! We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie...
#1 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Bluffview Inn & Suites
Bluffview Inn & Suites
#6 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
#3 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Bridgeport Inn
Bridgeport Inn
#8 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien

Been to Windsor Place Inn? Share your experiences!