We paid for the day to swim at their pool. It has one large water slide and 3 basketball hoops. It does have a nice little area for younger kids. My two older boys enjoyed the basketball hoops and only did the slide 2 or 3 times. They were in the water for 3 1/2 hours and enjoyed it. We had planned on eating at the attached bar and grill as there is a window you can order food from but we learned after paying for the pool and being there for a bit that it isn't open on Sundays! Big let down as we had to then leave earlier than we had planned to go eat elsewhere. Also, I noticed one Mom of two girls had a bag of some type of snack sitting on their table. The lifeguard went over and must have told her no food is allowed because the parent immediately put it away. The info paper they hand you with rules about the pool area when you pay also stated no food or carry ins allowed. It said it must be bought from the attached bar and grill. WELL THAT IS HARD TO DO WHEN IT IS CLOSED! You need to allow carry in snacks/drinks the days the bar and grill is not going to be open. Also, there were two life guards on duty. I was sitting on a lounge chair next to windows when one of them came and started spraying the windows with cleaner and wiping them down. I literally had to get up and move so she could do the window by my chair. She said oh, you are okay and don't have to move. I said yes, I do. The smell is overwhelming and I rather not get sprayed on. She did NOT get the hint. Then a half hour later, she starts going around with a broom. She proceeds to sweep in my space which was very annoying. It is nice they want to keep things clean but do not do so when you will be in the immediate space of customers. We chose not to stay at this hotel as they allow pets and we much prefer a hotel that does not allow pets. Also this hotel didn't have as good of reviews as other hotels in the area. It was nice though that we could swim at one place and sleep at another. And an older lady who I believe was named Doris noticed we were short a plastic bag to put my sons wet swimming suit in when we were out by the bathrooms after changing. She immediately noticed that and said she would go get us a bag. How nice of her to go that little extra mile! She also shared with us names of good restaurants to go to in the area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie Du Chien, Wi Hotel Prairie Du Chien
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Prairie Du Chien, Wi
- Country Inn Prairie Du Chien
- Prairie Du Chien Country Inn