“Perfect”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I stayed at the Super 8 on business for several days in March. The rooms are very clean and well kept, the bed was very comfortable and perfectly clean, and the whole building was in good condition and well maintained. The WiFi signal is strong and hooked nicely to a fast connection. The rooms are a good size, well equipped with a fridge, microwave oven, coffee brewer, TV, clock/radio/alarm, and there's a bathroom with the usual shower, bath and toilet. Breakfast is waffles, cereals, coffee, fruit and buns. Coffee and snacks are available most of the day. It's a simple formula, but done perfectly. The staff are friendly and exceptionally helpful, everything works as it should, and prices are very reasonable.

The Super 8 is a motel rather than a hotel as such, so most other guests seemed to stay for a weekend or a nght, but it's perfectly fine for a week. As an aside, a busy freight line runs through Prairie Du chien, and the heavy trains make a fair noise. The Super 8 is a reasonable distance from the line, and does not suffer from this to any extent.

Overall - a very good place to stay, for any reason.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I totally enjoyed our two night stay at this hotel. We had actually been pleasantly surprised by the decor, the amenities, and the breakfast served. The staff was pleasant and informational. We will definitely stay at this Super 8 when we again visit Prairie Du Chien in a couple of years for our anniversary trip.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I had made a reservation weeks before as I was traveling with my dog. When I made the reservation through the hotel, the desk staff initially told me she couldn't give me an AARP discount. She finally figured out the computer system and told me the AARP discount was applied. I arrived at the hotel after 4 days of driving from California (2000 miles). Although I was expecting a dog charge, this Super 8 charges $15/night which is more than other Super 8s do ($10). I was told that the dog charge is based on the individual hotel owners prerogative. The room base charge was $3 higher than that quoted on the phone, with the AARP discount, but I didn't argue with the clerk. Despite this, she was haughty, arrogant. I stayed two nights. On the evening, after walking my dog, my key card didn't work on the outside door. The inside room entrance had the bolt and couldn't be opened either. When I went to the office to get the key card reset, just took the card, acting offended at the interruption. On the final morning, I called the desk at 10:15AM and asked if it "would be problem if I took an extra 1/2 hour to check out" as I was needing to organize my truck for the next leg of my trip. As checkout was at 11AM, I just wanted until 11:30. The desk clerk was vey snooty and responded: "If the maids are finished cleaning by 11, then it will be a problem. Call then to find out." In other words, she wanted me to call at 11AM to find out if I could stay past 11AM. And, she was also implying that the maids had no other checkout rooms they could clean prior to mine. It was a ridiculous response for her, but was consistent with the attitude that the other two clerks had shown. To get out of the room by 11AM, I left with wet hair as I didn't have time to dry it, and the clerk obviously saw my wet hair when I checked out. So, my only conclusion is that such brusque treatment is systemic within this hotel and sanctioned by the ownership. Thus, I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 22, 2009

We chose Super 8 because it was reasonable, in a good location, had internet access, and a free breakfast.
The room was clean and the bed firm. It was what I would consider an average room butnothing fancy.
The breakfast was better than I was expecting. There were waffles, english muffins, danish, toast, cereal, apples, juice and coffee.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced place to sleep, I would recommend Super 8.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed July 15, 2009

On a short trip with husband, 1 year old daughter and our golden retriever. The room was really clean and orderly (I wasn't sure what to expect from one of the "pet rooms" having never brought our pet along to a hotel before). Continental breakfast left something to be desired for me, but --- what the heck --- it's the Super 8. My husband sure enjoyed that Belgian waffle. It was incredibly convenient having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Having stayed in several Super 8s over the years, I really felt that this one was superior. Our only complaint would be that there never seemed to be any staff around the front desk.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 16, 2008

I've stayed in many Super 8 motels and the quality varies. This was one of the nicer ones. The public areas (lobby, breakfast area, stairwells) were inviting and nicely decorated (in some budget motels, these areas tend to look institutional). The room furnishings were also a cut above those in a budget motel, as shown in the photographs on the web site. The desk clerk was helpful with dinner recommendations and there was a free continental breakfast in the morning.

• Liked — Cheerful and clean, in public areas as well as in the room
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Anacortes
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Even though this motel is an older Super 8, it was clean and the room was nice. The clerk was very friendly and when we asked about finding a restaurant , she told us about her favorite place which we found to be excellent.

We were on the ground floor with a door that opened to the outside as well as the door in the corridor. It did look like previously someone had tried to break in as the door jam was broken.

• Liked — Cleanliness and room was large
  • Disliked — Need a little rug cleaning
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Prairie du Chien
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Windsor Place Inn
Windsor Place Inn
#6 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie...
#1 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Bluffview Inn & Suites
Bluffview Inn & Suites
#5 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien

Been to Super 8 Prairie du Chien? Share your experiences!