“Not too bad”

Super 8 Prairie du Chien
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel had outside entrances, which is convenient, as well as inside entrance for easy access to the lobby. It seemed clean. The breakfast area is small but not a problem during weekdays. The food was the usual continental fare. It is located close to most everything that you would need to get to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian P, Owner at Super 8 Prairie du Chien, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Super 8 in Prairie du Chien, WI. We hope that you enjoyed your stay! The outside entrances are very convenient when unloading and loading your vehicle. We are currently upgrading our breakfast to the Super 8's Super Start Breakfast line. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Unbelievably rude staff - no matter what you ask the front desk clerk, she is unable (not trained) or quite frankly uncapable of helping anyone with. Her attitude is that one would be bothering her while she is doing her nails and watching TV. She has to call or ask the manager about anything and everything when he comes in. She told us a exact time he would be in and when we stopped back at that time "He had to take a sick employee to the hospital and he would not be back for the day." I told her at that time I was going to have to call the Super 8 line that gave me the voucher because that sounded like BS. That was it. I stopped up that evening to talk to the night desk clerk who we mentioned the voucher to the night before and at that time we were told the Manager would take care of it. The night desk clerk just ran the credit this night like "no big deal."

But upon check out the manager is called up by Veronica and he shows up instantly before she will give me a copy of my bill. I stood up at the front desk in front of other people while they were eating breakfast requesting a bill, why he belittled me and disrespected me for seven minutes, he did this under the assumed presumption that I was rude to his little Veronica at the front desk. Mr. Manager you were not there the day before and you did not know what was said so why don't you treat people with respect? For seven minutes I had to listen to his how disrespectful I was to her while he was being disrespectful to me in front of his other guests. Veronica and the owner don't understand what the hospitality business is about. The staff is not trained to handle using a simple voucher and he the manager/owner was mad that a Voucher was even given to me for a mistake that Wyndham Rewards made in the first place. I had to hear how he had to pay for that voucher and I was unreasonable to think I should get the room for the $15.00 rate that was what I booked it for in the computer. He told me that I created a ton of work from using a voucher because they had to change the room rate in their computer and I said again the only reason I am standing here right now is a for a copy of my bill. He went into the disrespectful to his employee line, Veronica and she stood there with a smug little smile on her face. I heard about how I booked that room for that rate and they could not change that it was locked in the computer - but mind you they could change the $15.00 rate in the computer I booked online because it was unreasonable to think I would get a room for that. He was bound and determined to make me suffer for getting a voucher from Super 8 for letting them know that they had their AARP rates this summer entered wrong and every day was coming up 15.00. Does he not realize how much hassle and money I saved him by calling their motel and Wyndham rewards after I booked a room? I just stood and listened to his ramble. I told the so called Manager/Owner that I did not disrespect his little Employee and left upon receiving what I went up there for after seven minutes of hell. I know the other guest saw the show and I hope they all think twice before staying again. RUDE STAFF - AND OWNER. He wants to be part of the SUPER 8 franchise but like he told me many times - I make my own rules.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We are sorry to hear that your experience at the Super 8 in Prairie du Chien, WI did not meet your expectations. We share all of our guest's comments and reviews with our team members and its through comments and experiences as yours that we work to help improve guests' experiences. We truly thank you for being honest with your experience. We appreciated having you stay with us and hope you will feel comfortable enough to try us again in the future if you let us know when you are traveling to Prairie du Chien, WI. If you would like to continue this conversation please feel free to call or email us. Thanks again for staying at the Super 8 in Prairie du Chien, WI.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very clean, good value, comfortable beds. Pleasantly surprised! I don't think it takes 100 characters to review a room you stay one night in.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Brian P, Owner at Super 8 Prairie du Chien, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Super 8 hotel in Prairie du Chien, WI. I hope that you enjoyed your fall trip and got a chance to take in the spectacular views of the leaves along the Mississippi River. We hope to see you again in the future!

A TripAdvisor Member
WEST BEND
Reviewed October 7, 2012

It was a very quite motel. Considering all the trains going through all night! We have stayed in other motels in the area and it was hard to sleep every time a train went through.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Super 8 hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our room was nice. The continental breakfast was good. The only complaint I have is the walls were very thin. You could hear any noise. I could hear music in the next room, people in the halls, and traffic the traffic outside.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review of the Super 8 hotel in Prairie du Chien, WI. We appreciate the feedback we receive. This way we can better ourselves in great Customer Service. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was on a trout fishing trip, and everything I needed was located around this hotel. There was a Cabelas just up the road, many eating places all around, I ate at Culvers right across the street, and of course my fishing stream just across the Mississippi River in Iowa. I was checked in quickly, my room was right at the top of the stairs, and the breakfast was warm and delicious. I would stay here again .

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for staying at the Super 8 in Prairie du Chien, WI. We appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie...
#1 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Bridgeport Inn
Bridgeport Inn
#9 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien

Been to Super 8 Prairie du Chien? Share your experiences!