“Awesome Week”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really don't know where to start to review this motel. I will start by saying that we have stayed in motels all over the U.S. from the North to the South and from The East to the West. All of the motels we choose to stay in are very nice. BUT we have never encountered the friendliness anywhere like we experienced at the Americinn in Prairie Du Chien, WI. From the moment we made reservations till the time we walked out the door, we felt like we were with family. The manager, Chris is the best manager we have ever had the pleasure of meeting and talking to on a daily basis. I mean, how many managers make themself available the whole time they are at work. She has a crew of workers that are incredible also. Darla is the omelet maker and she is so much fun. She knows how to make her eggs! She will fix them any way you want them and it is always with a wonderful smile and a Good Morning. The housekeepers are always smiling and asking if there is anything you need. They make sure the motel is spotless. Every single person who works there makes sure that you are a part of their family. I never saw one person with a frown on their face and we were there for 8 days. We were there for relaxation and eagle watching. The relaxation was number 1. You could either stay in your room or sit in the wonderful lobby area where the beautiful fireplace always had a nice fire in it. We would sit in the recliners in front of the fireplace and just do our thing rather it be knitting or computer stuff or visiting with the employees or other guests. The ammenities do not stop after breakfast. They have coffee, cappuccino and teas all day and night long. They also have nachos available all day. At 5:30 they serve delicious soup and pie and then at 7:00 they bake cookies and have milk along with it. Now how many places do you know do that? When you do decide to stay here, ask for a room facing the river. It is a beautiful view. I could go on and on about this place but I hope you get the message. There is not a better place to stay than the Americinn at Prairie Du Chien, WI. Trudy and Melba

Room Tip: I am sure that all the rooms are nice, but we chose to stay in a room facing the river. The suites...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My two boys and I stayed over on a Sunday night as they did not have school the next day. We swam at a hotel nearby earlier in the day that had a big slide and basketball hoops but we chose to sleep at this hotel because 1) this hotel doesn't allow pets and that is a very good thing to us and 2) the reviews on Trip Advisor were top notch compared to other hotel reviews in the area. The staff was friendly. Especially Darla, the "make your eggs to order" lady. She was over the top with helpfulness and we enjoyed her. We liked the inviting lobby which you don't always see at hotels. We were able to sit by the fireplace in comfortable leather furniture. We helped put together a puzzle. My boys played chess with their big wooden chess pieces and chess table. We enjoyed coffee/cappuccino/hot chocolate. They also offered various foods throughout the day after we arrived. Nachos and cheese/chili and cherry pie/warm cookies and milk. My boys enjoyed swimming and playing pool. If I had to mention any cons, they would be: 1) the top sheet to one of our beds was full of black hair. ICKY! Don't see how the maid didn't see this when putting it on. Or maybe they didn't change it after the previous guests in our room left?? 2) Our view from our window was terrible. I read somewhere on here to ask for a room with a view but I completely forgot to do it. Definitely get a view towards the river and not towards the back alley/dumpster/run down apartment view. 3) I thought the water in the pool was very cold but my kids didn't seem to mind too much. I warmed up in the whirl pool which on the other hand was very hot. The pluses of our stay outweighed the minuses though. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ChrisMeyer, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you to this guest for bringing the top sheet incident to our attention. We have taken additional steps to make sure this area is a priority when the room is checked. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in their work and consistently works to receive top scores on cleanliness. We are glad to hear you had a great stay! Come back and see us again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The friendliness of the staff was over the top. The extras offered in the lobby could not be beat , from the cappuccino, coffee and teas- nacho chip& cheese table and fresh hot cookies. My wife says she has a new favorite place for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gonewaway
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I planned a quick 2 night getaway and booked this after reading reviews. We arrived in town 2 hours early and called to see if we can check in. Vicki at thefront desk told us to come right over, that if our room wasn't ready, they would find us a room that was. Upon arriving, Vicki told us about Hot soup they serve nightly (during the week) , nachos every afternoon, and warm cookies and milk every night. We found the Lobby to be an added plus to our stay, as we sat by the fireplace reading, and gave a try to help complete a jigsaw puzzle.
The staff was excellent, from the front desk, to Darla helping with breakfast, to the housekeeping girls who were always smiling and pleasant when passing them in the hall. I will stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river. There were many eagles we were watching from our room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I spent the night this past weekend. It was a great stay. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was constantly being served: Nachos, chili, cookies and pie at night. A nice breakfast in the morning and another cookie on check out. Our room was spotless, roomy and cute. It had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker with a large flat screen tv. It was within an easy walk to the Mississippi River and Villa Louis (closed in the winter). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The staff was welcoming....could not get over all the food offered! Nachos at 5, Chili at 6, cookies at 7 and pie at 9. Hardly had to go out to eat! The room was spotless, which I have rarely ever found in other hotels. Breakfast the next morning was delicious...Darla the omelette chef was friendly and served one of the best omelets I've had! Checking out, they sent us on our way with a smile and a couple rice crispy treats for the road! Haven't seen that kind of attentive service in ages! Thanks for the great stay. If I could make one recommendation, they need a bit softer bed; it wasn't bad, but could have been better!

Room Tip: King suite with whirlpool was excellent...lots of hot water, so it was great!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have stayed in many places over the years, truly this place was special. Overall the best combo of everything weve ever experienced. Lets start with the staff chris G.M. the best .Darla chief omelette maker, bottle washer ,desk clerk ,what else have i left out darla? and the rest of the friendly staff. Lattes,coffee,nachos,chili,maple rolls,chocolate chip cookies and milk ,are you kidding me followed up by pie.Oh hope your up early for some eggs and taters delivered to your table like your mom would.Clean comfortable convienient to everything. but really its the staff.I don't need to see any more of the area but I will be back

Room Tip: we stayed in a standard room king size bed, was spacious and clean peeked in on the suites during cl...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
#7 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Bridgeport Inn
Bridgeport Inn
#8 of 12 in Prairie du Chien

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien? Share your experiences!