“Excellent Stay”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I planned a quick 2 night getaway and booked this after reading reviews. We arrived in town 2 hours early and called to see if we can check in. Vicki at thefront desk told us to come right over, that if our room wasn't ready, they would find us a room that was. Upon arriving, Vicki told us about Hot soup they serve nightly (during the week) , nachos every afternoon, and warm cookies and milk every night. We found the Lobby to be an added plus to our stay, as we sat by the fireplace reading, and gave a try to help complete a jigsaw puzzle.
The staff was excellent, from the front desk, to Darla helping with breakfast, to the housekeeping girls who were always smiling and pleasant when passing them in the hall. I will stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river. There were many eagles we were watching from our room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I spent the night this past weekend. It was a great stay. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Food was constantly being served: Nachos, chili, cookies and pie at night. A nice breakfast in the morning and another cookie on check out. Our room was spotless, roomy and cute. It had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker with a large flat screen tv. It was within an easy walk to the Mississippi River and Villa Louis (closed in the winter). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The staff was welcoming....could not get over all the food offered! Nachos at 5, Chili at 6, cookies at 7 and pie at 9. Hardly had to go out to eat! The room was spotless, which I have rarely ever found in other hotels. Breakfast the next morning was delicious...Darla the omelette chef was friendly and served one of the best omelets I've had! Checking out, they sent us on our way with a smile and a couple rice crispy treats for the road! Haven't seen that kind of attentive service in ages! Thanks for the great stay. If I could make one recommendation, they need a bit softer bed; it wasn't bad, but could have been better!

Room Tip: King suite with whirlpool was excellent...lots of hot water, so it was great!
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We have stayed in many places over the years, truly this place was special. Overall the best combo of everything weve ever experienced. Lets start with the staff chris G.M. the best .Darla chief omelette maker, bottle washer ,desk clerk ,what else have i left out darla? and the rest of the friendly staff. Lattes,coffee,nachos,chili,maple rolls,chocolate chip cookies and milk ,are you kidding me followed up by pie.Oh hope your up early for some eggs and taters delivered to your table like your mom would.Clean comfortable convienient to everything. but really its the staff.I don't need to see any more of the area but I will be back

Room Tip: we stayed in a standard room king size bed, was spacious and clean peeked in on the suites during cl...
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Another couple & I went to Prairie du Chien for a night away and decided to stay at this hotel as they are normally very nice & comfortable. We both had a deluxe king room, and both were disapointed in the comfort of the beds. They had sleep number beds and barely worked. If took awhile for the bed to adjust and when it did it made a horrible sound. We finally just left them as is so we could possibly get some sleep. It didn't work. During the night I actually woke up becuase I could hear another room adjusting their bed. The hotel itself is clean and staff was friendly. Breakfast wasn't anything special. They had an omelette station (cooked to order) avaialbe, it was okay but nothing special. I felt bad for the cook as she had way too many people trying to get food at once for one person to keep up with. We would not go back due to the beds being so uncomfortable.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had a great overnight stay at this facility while on a quick 3-day get away along the Mississippi River. Rooms were very clean and comfortable, lots of pillows and all the extras really made it a top notch location for me. The eggs/omelets made to order for breakfast were out of this world.as well. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this to others.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TomRR93
Reviewed December 28, 2012

What a beautiful hotel with great workers. The beds were very comfortable....almost like home. The fireplace on a cold night looked just like home. The breakfast was great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
#8 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Bridgeport Inn
Bridgeport Inn
#9 of 12 in Prairie du Chien

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien? Share your experiences!