“learn to laugh it off”

The Depot Bar
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“learn to laugh it off”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We ate at the Depot last summer, will probably go back again this July. Waitress and bartender were both a little rude, we just had to laugh it off. Had a very nice tasty lunch that day with a couple bloody mary's. I was on vacation, not gonna get all up in a tizzy over someone being rude.

• Visited July 2013

Shropshire, England
“Great Burgers”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Spent a very interesting hour here chatting to locals and enjoying a fabulous burger with a nice cold beer.

Visited May 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“To the extremely rude couple to my friend.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

First of all I would just like to say....HOW DARE YOU??? How could somebody be so heartless and heartfull to say any those comments??? Ok I get you might not have been a fan of the food or the service but do make such personal, inappropriate comments about someone? Well, i would chalk that up to a hate crime. The person that you are slamming is one of my best friends and she is NOTHING like the person you described in your horrible comment.

I am not from Prairie, but that bar was one of the first bars I found when I started coming to the river 7 years ago and not only is the food great, but the girls that work have a heart of gold and are amazing friends. I would recommend the place to anyone!!!

By the way, my son says that the girls that work there are the best!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Fort Dodge
“Good, cold beer!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very nice staff and good service. Nostalgia lingers thru this old depot restaurant, with outdoor seating as well.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nancy S
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“No Good.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick drink and a meal, but I wish I researched this place beforehand. The bar looks appealing from the outside, but we were treated very poorly inside. There were a handful of drunk locals at the bar and we were all but ignored for almost 20 minutes before the waitress came over. When she did take our order, it felt like she was bothered by us and we are pretty sure we were the butt of some of her jokes with the locals.
As for the food, everything was slow, the burgers were very average, and the service was awful. I hate going to businesses that treat you this way... we'll never be back.

5 Thank Sisyphus74