“It was a decent price, not sure the complaints?”
Review of Prairie Motel

Prairie Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prairie du Chien
Prairie Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Iowa
“It was a decent price, not sure the complaints?”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Perhaps we came at a slow time, but it was only $60 for two adults. I have been all over the place, and this was one of the cheapest hotels I have ever come across. It actually had a lot for the price too. Two queen beds, a fridge, and microwave. The manager said all the rooms had them. There wasn't a lot of floor space, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. The manager did show us the room before we rented, and it was his idea when I asked questions. I didn't have a problem with this place, when by comparison, the hotel downtown by the bars was more than twice this and not all that nicer!

Room Tip: If you don't need a lot of wlaking space (like for a family with kids), this place is clean, com...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank primalclaws1974

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Couldn't find a room anywhere else. Room is very overpriced, but liveable. Old pillows, old beds, old everything. I'd stay again if nothing else was available

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Koalasix
St Paul, MN
Reviewed August 4, 2010

This is a older mom & pop motorcourt motel..
It's right along Hwy 35, if you get one of the newer rooms along the hwy, you won't sleep too good..
I have stayed at this place several times over the years, was very motorcycle friendly when the older couple owned it, rates were $59 nite, they also had a nice treed picnic area when you could sit out and enjoy your morning coffee..
3yrs later new owners have the place, the rooms are now $90nite, rooms are not updates, clean, no continental breakfast, they have closed the pool and removed the tables from the picnic area. no chairs outside the rooms anymore. (I stopped in thinking I would get a room there mid-July 2010)
This place was a GEM, but the new owners are out of touch at $90 a nite, if I were going to pay $90 a nite, I'll stay at the Americinn, if they would go back to $60 I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
7 Thank troubled1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
Bluffview Inn & Suites
Bluffview Inn & Suites
#5 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie Du Chien
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Prairie...
#1 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
Super 8 Prairie du Chien
#3 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Windsor Place Inn
Windsor Place Inn
#9 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Marquette, IA/Prairie Du Chien

Been to Prairie Motel? Share your experiences!