“Nice getaway...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Prairie du Chien
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice getaway...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We loved this motel! A few minor maintenance issues didn't distract from the stay. The price was right; we went during the week in the off season. Pool needs a little more chlorine (saw some possible mold), but nice size.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I wrote a review of this hotel a few months ago and want to say that I continue to be pleased with my stays there. I'm a consultant and stay there once a week on average. I like the fact that it's not a chain hotel--it's privately-owned. I keep going back because of the personalized service, the spacious rooms, the indoor pool & hot tub, and free wireless internet.

I've read through the reviews of the past few months--both positive and negative. I'm surprised by some of the negative comments--I've stayed, there well over 100 times in the past 3 years and haven't had some of the issues that others have reported. For example, I've never had a problem with my room appearing unclean. On one occasion my room smelled of cigarettes (it's a non-smoking hotel)--apparently the room had been cleaned and the carpet shampooed, but it still smelled (apparently an elaborate cleaning procedure must be undertaken to rid a room of smoke when someone breaks the rules). I told the owner, and he immediately, without hesitation, moved me to a different room. He then contacted cleaning people to further clean the room.

I just wanted to mention this incident, not to draw attention to it, but to show that when one stays anywhere over 100x, at some point there will be a minor inconvenience. When it occurs, it is dealt with promptly, but these situations are rare, or else I wouldn't have gone back to stay there again.

I find the complaint about prices interesting. Anyone who travels with any frequency understands that hotel rates vary, not just by location, but also by season and day of week. The Bridgeport Inn rates peak on weekends during the summer tourist season. That's no surprise. It's less expensive during the week and during the off-season. However, I've found the rates to be competitive relative to other Prairie du Chien hotels. I think some people unrealistically expect that they're going to find a nice hotel for $40-50/night in Prairie du Chien.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kj8999
West Bend, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Have stayed here a couple of times in the past and was a nice place, now the rates have gone way up and not worth it, also at all hotels I can get an AARP discount no matter what day of the week, checked in on Friday and they said they don't honor discounts on the weekends. Due to the fact that all hotels in the city were booked we were at the mercy of staying here at an outrageous price for the only room that was left. We were on the first floor and at 4:38 the banging in the room above us started which is not the fault of the hotel, but an irritation. In the am the cleaning staff were seated in the lobby all talking and no one was minding the breakfast nook, the garbage was full, the tables needed cleaning and re-filling of food was not being monitored. The hotel needs a lot of attention now. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Patty F

Travelers are raving about these Prairie du Chien hotels

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

I had stayed at this hotel a few years back and was not thrilled to be booked here again. But as soon as I arrived there, I was greeted with a welcoming face and a really pleasantly smelling breakfast! The room was great, the people were great, and the pool was nicely maintained. I definitely will be stay here on my next visit to Prairie Du Chien

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Christine T
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed at this motel because the pictures on the internet do not show how unclean it is. All the other motels in the area were booked. The lobby windows were filthy and the carpets were all stained and dirty, so we were a little concerned right away. With no where else to stay, we had no choice. We even discussed sleeping in our van instead of staying, but we knew from talking to the manager/owner that he would have charged our credit card anyway. He failed to tell the truth about the booking to begin with. I can't imagine anyone using the pool at this place or eating the breakfast there. We were told we had one of their best rooms. I would not have wanted to see the rooms that were considered otherwise.

Room Tip: Stay in a better hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank quovadisnow
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because the hotels we usually stay in were already booked. The pictures on the internet looked great and I fell in love with the Luxury King Whirlpool room which was advertised and pictured with a beautiful canopy bed. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told that our room was in the "new" section of the hotel, which is actually a separate building from the main hotel. I didn't like the fact that staying there would require walking outside to go to the building that had the pool and the breakfast area (horrible concept in the winter months). When I opened the door to my room I knew I had been given the wrong room. I went back to the front desk and was told I HAD the right room and the "canopy" for the bed must have been taken down, but it WAS the room I had booked. What?? So I went back to my room and pulled up the website just to prove to myself that I wasn't imagining a different room and there it showed the room I was in as the King Whirlpool room, which was cheaper than the one I booked. So back to the front desk I went with PROOF that they had given me the wrong room. The front desk guy admitted that it was a different room and that the Luxury Whirlpool room was already booked. He took $10 off my bill, which was the difference in the two rooms, but I would not recommend this hotel because they made ME feel like I was wrong in describing that the room I booked was not the same as the room they put me in.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzymittens
UAE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We really enjoyed our one night stay at this hotel. It's not in the downtown area, more at the south end of town. There's a great indoor pool which is larger than most of this class, and the hot tub was also really large. The hotel is right next to a good restaurant which the check-in guy recommended. Excellent, friendly service, nice clean room, good amenities (but no guest laundry), and better-than-average continental breakfast of the plastic plates type. All-in-all I would thoroughly recommend this place to stay when in Prairie du chien.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank rizuj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prairie du Chien
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Prairie du Chien
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham...
#2 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prairie du Chien
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#4 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
#3 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Bluffview Inn & Suites
Bluffview Inn & Suites
#5 of 12 in Prairie du Chien

Been to Bridgeport Inn? Share your experiences!