“Weekend Trip”

National Brewery Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Potosi
Reviewed November 15, 2013

All of the different beer signs, commercials, mugs etc were interesting. If you are from the midwest or even the east coast, you will definitely see something that will jog your memory.

There are newer reviews for National Brewery Museum

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I grew up in Fremont, WI, located where Highway 10 crosses the Wolf River -- 20 miles west of Appleton -- population (back then) 416. Beautiful Downtown Fremont, one block long and parallel with the river, included six taverns. We lived in an apartment over the Farmers' Store, with 4 of those taverns in sight. So you can see why a visit to the National Brewery Museum was a trip down memory lane. The place is filled with memorabilia of the bygone days of Wisconsin beer culture -- signs, wooden beer cases and barrels from breweries now gone. I was delighted to see a CHIEF OSHKOSH sign and a PEOPLES sign, both big sellers when I was a boy. But even if your Memory Lane is different from mine, you will enjoy a visit to the National Brewery Museum. The food is tasty, the beer is great, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the surrounding area is very pleasant. A nice destination for a weekend drive.

2  Thank retirees2011
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've stopped here several times and enjoy the museum. I've had problems with the management of the restaurant so will no longer visit the restaurant part of it. The museum is worth the stop. Beer collectables and memorabilia is one of those things that are so coveted even by the original brewers. I know they had a very difficult time collecting what they have.. I feel this museum has done an impressive job in their collection and know that it will only grow in the future. Biker friendly.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

While we enjoyed the building and restaurant,(the beer is great) the museum was probably the least interesting thing I've ever seen. Can't believe you could spend 60 - 90 minutes there, glad our tickets were a gift.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've been a Wisconsin resident all my life and a legal beer drinker since 1972. We happened to learn about Potosi a few weeks ago from a work colleague and came here today. The little lady that greeted us gave us a great overview and told us about the Cassville ferry 20 minutes up the road on Hwy 133. The museum was fun & nostalgic. The restaurant was very good. We had an awesome catfish sandwich w/ salad. I've read the paper & web daily and can't believe I just discovered Potosi now. I hope others take the time to enjoy this place, a nice meal and a sampler platter.