“In our own backyard”

National Brewery Museum
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Potosi
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've been a Wisconsin resident all my life and a legal beer drinker since 1972. We happened to learn about Potosi a few weeks ago from a work colleague and came here today. The little lady that greeted us gave us a great overview and told us about the Cassville ferry 20 minutes up the road on Hwy 133. The museum was fun & nostalgic. The restaurant was very good. We had an awesome catfish sandwich w/ salad. I've read the paper & web daily and can't believe I just discovered Potosi now. I hope others take the time to enjoy this place, a nice meal and a sampler platter.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"memorabilia"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We toured the museum and ate ate at the Brewery (See Potosi Brewery review). Lots of fun seeing all the memorabilia, old beer, bottles, advertising, signage etc. Was a nice hour or so going through the museum. Worth the $5 and get a free beer too.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I didn't know what I was going to get into when I saw this museum on the map. This place is extremely well taken care of, hip, and fun! When you first walk in to the brewery museum there is a restaurant to the left which serves amazing food, and has a beautiful bar. The bars brew rotation changes from time to time but there's a few beers that they always have available, including good old potassi beer. To the right is a hall with their beer cave room and a register table and gift shop where you purchase your tickets. It is only $5 for adults, and you get a free full glass of beer or rootbeer with your admission after you go through the museum! The museum itself is extremely well taken care of, and beautiful. Lots of history in this museum and great information! The collection they have is outstanding and worth seeing. I highly recommend checking this place out!

1  Thank courtneykbee
Reviewed July 14, 2013

3 floors of nothing but brewery nostalgia. Very interesting to see so much in one place. Beautifully displayed and cared for.