“Evertthng was fine except the overwhelming smell of air...”
Review of Super 8 Portage

Super 8 Portage
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Portage
Northfield
“Evertthng was fine except the overwhelming smell of air...”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Evertthng was fine except the overwhelming smell of air freshener when we opened the door. We got used to it but it was very powerful, as if they were trying to mask a worse odor. When we came back to the room after dinner, we were again greeted by a very strong air freshener smell. It was way too much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Joe K
Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Joe K.,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize for the issues you had with the room odor. The room deodorizer that we use has a mild scent, but it is possible there was perfume or other strong odor lingering from a prior guest. In any event, we should have aired the room out better, and apologize that we did not.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future so that you can experience a room with a fresh clean scent. :)

Elizabeth Woyt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
NE WI
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This motel is a basic travel motel. The rooms are clean, the bed comfortable, and quiet. We slept in and were surprised at the time. The staff were couteous and friendly. We stayed here a few years ago snd the motel has been well maintained. The price is very reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013
Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear "2Trailblazers",

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We are pleased that you continue to enjoy our hotel during your visits to Portage. Our staff works hard to keep the property well maintained and clean. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team. :)

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again on your next visit!

Peshtigo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

After a long day, full of mishaps and a few no vacancies, I end up stopping here looking for a room for the night. Sometimes things just have a way of working out better then expected! The room was quiet, very clean ,the Internet works, and the bed so comfortable it made me wish I didn't have to get up and leave! Special thank you to Dennis for being so understanding and I so hope this is one of those times that your good dead pays off 7 fold. you can count on the next time I find myself in Portage ,I won't hesitate coming straight here ,and I'll pass it on to my company that when booking in Portage this is where we want to be.Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Pretty sure they are all good ,but really liked my room in the other building
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Hello "homeon64",

Thank you for your glowing review! I am pleased that you were able to find lodging at our hotel, especially after a long day. I was thrilled to see that Dennis took good care of you during your stay in Portage, and that you found your room clean, and bed comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with our team, and thank Dennis for a job well done. We look forward to seeing you again when you come through town. :)

Belgium
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Nice motel. Good breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay at the Super 8 again on my next trip to Portage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Hello Deborah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Portage Super 8. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our breakfast and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the team. :)

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit!

Elizabeth Woyt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portage
Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ridge Motor Inn
#5 of 6 in Portage
Best Western Baraboo Inn
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#5 of 73 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Super 8 Portage? Share your experiences!