“Excellent Hotel 20 mins from Dells”
Review of Super 8 Portage

Super 8 Portage
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Portage
Bayonne, New Jersey
“Excellent Hotel 20 mins from Dells”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just 20 minutes drive from Wisconsin Dell we got this hotel in very attractive price. Hotel is very nice and clean and in a very good location. Walmart, Subway, KFC and many others are in walking distance.
This hotel had very nice breakfast and we got 20 dollars off coupon for Mt. Olympus water park from the lobby! The staff were nice and friendly too. Would definitely recomend this to my friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Dear Sujit-Mahapatra,

It was a pleasure serving you and your family, and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I also appreciate your feedback on the Mt. Olympus tickets. This was our first year offering packages and discount coupons, and seeing that it was well-received by our guests, we will be sure to continue to do so in the future.

If you're on Facebook, be sure to “Like” us (Portage Super 8) to stay connected with our upcoming exclusive offerings. Hopefully we will see you again in the future, during your next vacation to the Wisconsin Dells or Portage.

With highest regards,

Elizabeth Woyt, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
North Carolina
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Always a little wary about a budget-type hotel in a small town, but the Super 8 in Portage did not disappoint.   The staff here is to be commended. They seemed genuinely concerned about my stay.

My king room included an in-room safe, fridge but no microwave. The bathroom area, while small, had great water pressure and decent towels. The room could have used a few more electrical outlets, but that really wasn't a big issue.

The complimentary breakfast was rather limited - bananas, yogurt, two cereals, waffles - but the cinnamon rolls were large and better than the norm.

Wal-mart and Super K are nearby as well as a few chain restaurants.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Lee S.,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay! You are correct – our staff does care about each of our guests. It is our daily goal to provide a clean and comfortable lodging experience to everyone that walks through our door. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team, and commend them for a job well done.

If you’re on Facebook, we welcome you to "like" us in order to stay connected and look for exclusive offerings. If I can ever be of service to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

With warm regards,

Palmyra, Wi
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Very clean. Internet worked great. Staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast of waffles was very good. In fact this establishment had one of the better breakfast layouts of all the Super 8s we have stayed at. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear R and D C,

We are pleased to see that we surpassed your expectations during your trip to Portage, and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. We're also happy that you like the new breakfast layout, as this is one of Super 8's changes to provide brand consistency.

Please feel free to “like” us on Facebook (Portage Super 8) to stay connected with upcoming exclusive offerings. Thank you again for your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Michigan
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very clean, comfortable beds, well maintained and a good value. We chose this rather then staying in Wisconsin Dells which was our destination. Front desk ladies were friendly and helpful. The only complaint was the internet, must be a bandwidth issue with too many users, connected but no internet access, they are aware this is a problem at times, but it did work at times so wasn't a big issue. I would choose this hotel again on my next stay, overall it was excellent. There is also a great steak and safood restaurant almost within walking distance, Suzys Steak & Seafood...well worth trying.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Muldoon56,

We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us! We rely on feedback such as yours to make improvements in any area that is needed. I apologize for the problems you encountered with the internet during your stay, and will make sure to pass your comments on to our corporate team to re-evaluate our internet service.

We are glad that you chose to stay with us, and look forward to being of service to you again. If you're on Facebook, be sure to “Like” us (Portage Super 8) to stay connected with our upcoming exclusive offerings.

Warmest Regards,

Burtonsville, Maryland
Reviewed July 19, 2012

For me, service is key to satisfaction w/ hotel stays, and this hotel provided super friendly and responsive service. This was one of my best hotel stays (regardless how many stars a hotel has). Room was spacious and clean. The refrigerator was nice and cold. Wireless internet was free and reliable. The free continental breakfast was basic but nice and filling (esp. the self-made waffle). Location was good too, with convenient access to highways and nearby stores. In-room safe was good to have as well. And, of course, the 24-hour coffee! I got a 3-night discounted rate that was very reasonable. Overall, most impressed. Most memorable? The great staff!

Room Tip: I chose second floor for extra security, although the front desk person indicated the area is very s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear wteng,

I am glad to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional customer service during your recent stay. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team!

We hope to see you again in the future!

With highest regards,
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel is convenient to area retailers and resturants,and offers clean rooms with comfortable beds and lots of room. Their staff is very nice and go overboard for the weary traveler to insure the best rate possible offering discounts when relevant. Continental breakfast was yummy including the waffles and real butter for them. I did hope real orange juice but the tang flavored was adequate. Coffee was fresh. A decent price for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Bring a power strip if using lap tops or other items to charge cause the outlets are busy for the li...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sharon C.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments on your recent stay with us. We appreciate you helping share your experience with other upcoming travelers.

I also appreciate your feedback on our breakfast. Our franchise has recently implemented new brand standards which you will hopefully be finding at all Super 8’s by the end of August. The orange juice is a 50% juice blend. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to Super 8.

If you’re on Facebook, we welcome you to "like" our page and stay connected for future exclusive offerings.

If I can ever be of service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

With sincere regards,

Elizabeth Woyt
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here two nights in June (8-9) we wanted two nights to ourselves before we met the extended family for a week of fun. The room was ckean and the staff was very nice and helpful.The best part was the cofee and breakfast each morning...did I say I love the waffles? I do!
Great staff, thanks for the nice quiet place to relax.

Room Tip: We got the non smooking room and it had a wonderful lazyboy in it...we kept fighting over it, maybe...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Patrice R.,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your visit to the Portage Super 8 as well as your accommodations with us. The waffles are definitely a big hit with many travelers as you discovered. I think your idea of adding a second recliner is a great one and will be sure to pass your feedback on to our company.

Be sure to “like” us on Facebook (Portage Super 8) to stay connected with our upcoming exclusive offerings, and please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

Warmest regards,

Elizabeth Woyt, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portage
Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ridge Motor Inn
#5 of 6 in Portage
Best Western Baraboo Inn
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center

Been to Super 8 Portage? Share your experiences!