“I would stay here again!”
Review of Super 8 Portage

Super 8 Portage
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Portage
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“I would stay here again!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The family planned a last minute trip to the Dells. The Super 8 in the Dells was way too expensive for our budget. We found the Portage location with a more afforable rate and only about 15 minutes from the Dells. I called the hotel a few days before arriving and the staff was very friendly on the phone and when I was at the front desk. I received a room with a king bed and a pullout sofa bed. The kids enjoyed sleeping on the pullout. The room was very clean, big screen tv, microwave and large refrigerator. We were not expecting the fridge to be so large. We missed out on breakfast due to sleeping in too late but no complaints here! We were very pleased and we would stay at this location again.

Thank you for making this an enjoyable experience for family with a tight budget and who needed a place to rest their head for a night! :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Jennifer Z.,

It was a pleasure serving you and your family, and I'm glad that you all enjoyed your stay with us! Hopefully we will see you again in the future, and that you will be able to try our new breakfast items - featuring the Simply Super Cinnamon Rolls.

The Portage Super 8 is now on Facebook! Be sure to "like" us in order to stay connected and look for future exclusive offerings.

Elizabeth Woyt, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Enschede, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 4, 2012

You get what you pay for, especially at Super8. Helpful and friendly staff, nice drop-in rates but why on earth do they charge $1.50 a day for the use of the safe??? However, no charge when you don't use it (how do they check that?). Also $10 per day for a pet seems quite high.

Rooms are spacious and very clean, although certain items may be replaced (I had a couple of broken hangers). Bathroom was very, very clean with a nice hot shower. Matress and pillows could be improved (but I slept like a baby).

Breakfast is a bit under average compared to other Super8's I have been to, but again, what can you expect for these rates? Recommended

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Made_In_Holland,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us! We rely on feedback such as yours to make improvements in any area that is needed.

The fee for the safe covers a warranty in the event of item(s) being taken with unauthorized entry to the safe. At check out we are more than happy to remove this fee from the bill. Please feel free to contact me at 608-742-8330 or ewoyt@kinseth.com if this was not the case, and I will be sure to issue you a credit.

Also, in noting your comments on breakfast, I'm excited to tell you that Super 8 is working on breakfast consistency within the Super 8 brand. Before long, you should be able to find the same offerings at any Super 8 that you travel to. We are pleased with the changes, and hope that you will be as well.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad that you chose to stay with us, and hope to be of service to you again in the future. If you're on Facebook, be sure to “Like” us (Portage Super 8) to stay connected with our upcoming exclusive offerings.

Warmest Regards,

Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My 3 adult children and I had to travel to Portage, WI for a funeral. I called ahead to make reservations hoping to get 2 connecting rooms. The lady at the front desk was so pleasant and helped me get the adjoining rooms at a great price. During our stay there the safe in the room wouldn't open. The maintenance man had to be called in after hours to get it open. He was there for at least an hour..turned out the liner inside the safe had gotten caught in the door when we shut it. I felt bad that they had to call him in but he remained cheerful and funny the entire time and was successful in getting it open. The rooms were nice and really clean. We took advantage of the continental breakfast a couple times during our 4 day stay which was just fine. All of the staff that we met were very professional and friendly. When we go back that way we will stay at the Portage Super 8.
There is a Walmart, Kmart and several decent restaurants very close.

I clicked on the pool ratings in the the review section. There is no pool at this location, which was fine for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Terri H.,

I am so pleased that our staff was able to provide you with exceptional customer service during your recent stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Deb and Jim (as well as the rest of our team) and praise them for their excellent care.

Feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance. We hope to see you again in the future, hopefully under better circumstances.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Very friendly, helpful staff. Rooms clean and comfortable and a nice breakfast. Excellent value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth W, Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Joanna4857,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments on your recent stay with us. We also appreciate you helping share your experience with other upcoming travelers.

If I can ever be of service to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

With warm regards,

Portage
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Nice hotel, they upgraded the room for free, nice location, quiet, very clean rooms, friendly staff, nice breakfast with a coupel choices. Overall for the price it was a great hotel for a family or traveling group. It was a few miles from area attractions like the water parks, etc, but had eating establishments near by.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Elizabeth W, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Danielle J.,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your visit to Portage, and that we were able to provide you with a complimentary room upgrade.

On behalf of the Portage Super 8 team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel, and we also thank you for helping us spread the word about our services to our other travelers. “Like” us on Facebook (Portage Super 8) to stay connected with our exclusive offerings. Please contact me directly if I can ever be of any assistance.

Elizabeth Woyt,
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel on the way from Green Bay to Madison.

The hotel was pleasent enough. The front desk clerk who checked us in was really friendly. The lobby has coffee available 24 hours. Breakfast is also available in the lobby, and had the usual mix of cereals, bread, waffle irons and fruit.

The room was a decent size and was clean.

The problem was that this hotel is on a highway, and there was very little outside the front door. There are drive-thrus of all the main fast-food chains, but nothing like Dennys or Applebees. It's also not very pedestrian-friendly. We walked the 7 or 8 minutes to the only restaurant, and while the neighbourhood was safe, there was really nowhere to walk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loulabelle44
Elizabeth L, General Manager at Super 8 Portage, responded to this review, December 11, 2011
Dear Loulabelle44,

Thank you for staying with us last month when you were passing through Portage. As the general manager at this property, I’m sorry that you were less than satisfied with the location and lack of restaurants within walking distance. We do have some fantastic local cusisine within 5 miles. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you're passing through. Our front desk team will be happy to help you find just the right spot for dinner.

Please let me know if there's anything else that we can do to improve our service to you.

Elizabeth Lyle, General Manager
North Judson, Indiana, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this motel and will continue to use it when we are in the area.The motel is clean, the rooms are spacious with refrig. and microwave. If you run out of something or forgot to bring something there is a Walmart and Kmart close. They also service a nice hot breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Doris B,

I’m Elizabeth, general manager at the Super 8 in Portage, Wisconsin. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are so pleased that you continue to choose to stay with us while in Portage, and that you are happy with the cleanliness of your room. We pride ourselves in keeping our hotel as clean and spotless as possible.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Many thanks,

Elizabeth and the entire team at the Portage Wisconsin Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portage
Best Western Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ridge Motor Inn
#5 of 6 in Portage
Best Western Baraboo Inn
Clarion Hotel and Convention Center

Been to Super 8 Portage? Share your experiences!