“Charges”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Portage
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInn5066, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 7, 2012

When we first came in, the person at the desk was on a personal call (happens) and so we waited... Got checked in! On the way to our room there were tears in the hallway carpet, a housekeeper belching as we passed by (who only apologized after she saw my husband). Coming into our room, yeah, pictures were so misleading... the room is very small, TV so outdated, there's no accessory ports for a traveling dvd player or ipod/gaming system. Pool/hot tub had no water, I think a construction crew was staying as well, so lots of loitering in the parking lot, and hopping in and out of WINDOWS for smoking and drinking. None of the entrances were locked (most hotels have a card access only). Tried like heck to get out of the stay, but the hotel would have only reimbursed $78 out of a 3 night stay... so stuck we were!

NEVER AGAIN WILL I STAY AT A DAYS INN! SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND STAY AT THE COMFORT INN SUITES ACROSS THE STREET!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInn5066, Manager at Days Inn Portage, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel and leave your feedback. Any feedback we receive helps us to create a more pleasant guest experience. Security and comfort for all our guests is something we take great value in. We do have staff on duty 24 hours as well as security cameras to ensure the safety of all our guests who are here on leisure and business. Since your stay we have notified the staff of your concerns and have take the appropriate actions to correct the unprofessional behavior that you experienced during your stay. We will be replacing the hall carpets within the next few months, as well as the televisions. At the current time with the older televisions we do have small converter boxes available at the front desk for any guest that would like to hook up a game system or dvd/blu-ray player. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me at daysinnportage@gmail.com if I can be of further assistance to you. Yours in Hospitality, Maria Rechlin

A TripAdvisor Member
ELMWOOD
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Thanks for having a room open where I could rest my weary head. The staff was very kind and helpful. The bed wasn't great, but I slept enough to continue on my way. It would be great to have an extra blanket in the room, too.

Thanks!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and let others hear about your positive experience with us. I have passed along your positive feedback about the staff to them, and they appreciate that you took the time to acknowledge their effort to make you comfortable and at home during your stay. I know what you mean, no bed is ever as comfortable as the one that you have at home! Also, for future reference we do have extra blankets available at the front desk for anyone who needs them. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to serving you again when you are in the area! Yours in Hospitality, Maria Rechlin

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This Inn will not issue a credit no matter the reason. After hitting traffic in Chicago I was not able to make the rest of the drive to Portage. I called to cancel before 5PM and this inn would not issue a credit because it was not 24hrs notice. Every other inn will issue a credit but not this one! Terrible customer service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leave your feedback. I'm sorry that you were unhappy with our customer service. I'm also sorry to hear that you were caught in traffic, however we do have a 24 hour cancellation policy for many of the reservation types that we offer, as do most hotels. Please accept my apologies for not being able to accomodate your credit request. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future. If you would like to contact me directly please feel free to do so at daysinnportage@gmail.com. Yours in Hospitality, Maria Rechlin

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is not a fancy hotel, so don't come in with high expectations. It was perfect for me, since I was just looking for a roof and a bed. It was clean and cheap with all the amenities I needed. The channel selection on the TV was impressive. That's a good feature because there's not much to do within walking distance of the hotel itself. There was free wifi, and a breakfast (the waffle maker is neat). Also, for food there is a subway right by the hotel and a convenience store. The pool was being fixed when I was there, but I did hop into the luke-warm jacuzzi.
Bottom line this is a decent place to stop at and a good value for your money. Consider staying here next time you visit Wisconsin Dells and plan to stay on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and feedback. I'm happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. You will be happy to know that the pool is up and running, so that you will be able to enjoy it on your next stay with us. We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future! Yours in Hospitality, Maria Rechlin

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Ok, don't get your hopes up too much. Days Inn is a basic brand, but of the Days Inns that I've stayed in, this is one of the better ones.

Most Days Inns don't have pools. This one actually has an indoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast here is the typical Days Inn breakfast, but the waffle mix comes in two flavors... regular and blueberry. I've never had Days Inn blueberry waffles before. Don't expect REAL blueberries, they are artificially flavored, yet tasty.

The room is smaller than most hotel rooms, but I've stayed in some Days Inns in the past with even smaller rooms than the one here. You do get a refrigerator and microwave in the room.

The carpets in the hallway are dingy, but the room itself isn't bad... I'd keep my socks on though.

The room (one Queen bed), has the vanity sink RIGHT inside the door as you come in from the hallway. It's only 30 inches wide, if that, so if your wife likes to bring a bunch of extra stuff to lay around the sink, there's not enough room.

The water pressure is strange, the shower cycles from hot to cold frequently (whenever someone in another room flushes a toilet, or turns on the hot water).

The front desk is decorated with diamond-plate steel, and looks like it belongs in a man-cave garage. I think that a lot of truckers stay here (there is a huge truck stop next door). This Days Inn would be handy to truckers (it's right off the expressway). If you are bringing a family for a vacation to the Dells, this would probably be ok for an overnight stop before you get there, but as the previous reviewer stated... it's 18 miles away from the Dells. You could burn a lot of gas going back and forth to this location. If you are visiting Baraboo, Dells and Portage, this isn't a bad mid-point place to be, and if you want to avoid the crazy, touristy prices in the Dells, you are far enough away from those. Yes... they do have wristband passes to the Chula Vista waterparks (indoor and outdoor). You also get a coupon book for the Dells area. Last year I stayed in the Starlight motel in the downtown Dells and got the same deal. For about the same price (on Priceline for this Days Inn) you get a nicer hotel here (than the Starlight). The advantage of the Starlight in the Dells, is location... if you want to be in the center of the noisy, touristy, vacation chaos. No Thanks!

The woman at the front desk was extremely helpful, and would go out of her way to provide local tourist information. In the morning, she was extremely busy, keeping the breakfast items in stock.

I'd recommend this location... as a traveler stop, not a vacation destination.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the stairway and the pool area for peace and quiet.