“Probably as good as it'll get in Portage”
Review of La Tolteca

La Tolteca
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Portage isn't known for it's restaurants so La Tolteca is most appreciated. What I love most is the decor - wonderful carved and brightly painted tables & chairs that just cheer you up when you walk in. The staff are always friendly and accommodating. I'm particularly partial to their soups although they are usually only lukewarm, instead of hot, and the carnitas. Worth the stop if you're in the area. And check out the lunch specials - can't beat the price.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Nice Mexican place - recommend to anyone visiting the Portage area. Bypass all those fastfood joints, sit down, relax and enjoy a fantastically meal.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We go all the time....good food, friendly service, and tasty margaritas. The staff are friendly and accommodating. One of the best places to eat in Portage!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We passed the restaurant earlier and caught my attention. Usually when a place is modest from the outside, they have great food inside. So we decided to try it and WOW!!!. The staff is very friendly, they come and welcome you right away and they serve delicious, traditional mexican food and big portions too.
I order the Tolteca Molcajete and it was delicious...too bad I couldn't finish it but my hubby got to it later that day.
My daughter is a picky eater but she love her Californian Burrito, she said it was full of flavor.
I highly recommend it!! Excellent Restaurant.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The place is nice inside. The menu is extensive. The soda tastes like chlorine(they need a water system). The only thing I've had was the fajitas, so i can't comment on anything else. The server was not Spanish, he was European. So the language barrier was a little odd. He was so inattentive, it was like he had never served in his life before. I've been in the restaurant biz for 15yrs and this guy was unbelievable. Didn't ask us how our food was, forgot our queso dip, &a I had to track him down for our bill after waiting 10min. Then he gave us the wrong check. I love Mexican food, I was disappointed.