“The best in town”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very good Mexican food. Mexican decor abounds at the tables and booths. In my opinion, the best food in town. Great service even when busy. You should make it a point to eat here when in town.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I and a business colleague were looking for somewhere to eat in Portage and drove around not really seeing anything. At last we found La Tolteca.
The restaurant has a very colourful decor with multi coloured chairs etc.
The menu was extensive with a Vegetarian section.
The food was plentiful, hot and tasty and the service attentive without being overbearing

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Friendly staff! You get more than you can eat and the price is right. You certainly won't leave hungry.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Some of the best Mexican food we've ever had anywhere in the country. I had chicken and steak fajitas. Excellent seasoning with just the right amount of heat. My husband had chili Colorado with wonderful sauce. Will visit again when we're in the area. I also love the decor, hand carved tables and booths from Mexico.

1  Thank Gourdie13
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have been to mexico numerous times and this place serves food as good if not better than what we had while down there. The portions are plentiful and the price is downright cheap. I love the chimichangas, my wife loves the enchiladas and of course the margaritas. Very colorful and cheerful decor/color scheme inside, some would call it gaudy but it's that way in authentic mexico as well.

1  Thank dyna47

Been to La Tolteca? Share your experiences!