“Great family owned place”

Trail's Lounge Supper Club
Ranked #30 of 53 Restaurants in Portage
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Portage,WI
“Great family owned place”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We like the food, prime rib night is my favorite, but be sure to go early or there won't be any left....I love the salad cart, lots of choices and homemade dressings. The lighting is a lot brighter than it used to be which is a good thing. Friendly Staff.

Visited April 2013

DeForest, Wisconsin
“Overall, not too bad”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Met my parents here for a dinner. it is truly and old style "Wisconsin Supper Club". The food was pretty good. The drinks at the bar were better. Lettuce for salad was a bit "aged". It is what it is. Probably would not return, but, it is worth a visit if in town.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Blutarsky
st louis
“Great old supper club with delicious food....”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My Mom and I took the kids skiing at Cascade Mountain over President's Day weekend and had dinner here on Saturday night. I called and made us reservations for 6:00 but when we got there the bar side was full but the restaurant side only had a few tables so we didn't really need them. However, by 6:45 the place was FULL. The decor is very retro but I like that so I was fine--I will try to attach the pics I took... The kids got the cod and cheeseburger from the kid's menu--at only 2.99 I expected something not very desirable but ohmygosh I would have been happy to get either one for my supper they were that good. 2 big pieces of cod with fries and a drink for 2.99?? I don't know how they can afford that. I chose the fried Walleye with fries(one of the most expensive items at $14) and Mom got the prime rib special with a baked potato. My fish was some of the best i've ever had and I don't usually like prime rib but I tried Mom's and it melted in my mouth. So yummy...We also got salad with our meals--some weird salad cart deal but it was good. We had pecan pie for dessert and it was also good but would have been better warmed--we'll know to ask next time. The grasshopper pie disappeared in less than 2 minutes--so delish. Our service was good, she brought out extra homemade bread for the kids but she was also swamped when it got busy so it wasn't quick, but we were in no hurry so it was fine. All in all, cannot wait to go back!!!!

• Visited February 2013
Fox Lake,wi
“If you want to waste your time and money then eat here!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We went on valentines day and thought it would be a good place to eat because it has been there for years!! Boy I was wrong I should of listened to a friend that said it was bad! We walked in I had made a reservation and got there early we were able to sit down right away. We were all good untill they seated the table next to us and my arm basically hit her chair, the waitstaff was slow at getting anything ! They did have a nice salad cart they bring to your table but there is no room for anything the lettuce was all core and the mushrooms were full of dirt I told our waitress and she didn't say anything and blew me off! When we got our prime rib you could tell it was going to be bad it was grey and sitting in a bunch of grease(au Ju) I took a bite and it tasted how it looked it tasted old and had absolutely no flavor but grease I took another bite and yep old,cold and nasty it was the 2nd worst prime rib I ever had!! the first was an very old rotten steak but it was a close call! I told the waitress and she passed it along to the owner's wife who asked me what I wanted her to do about it? It's your job hello what do you do about it? I wasn't going to take it home but I ended up having to pay for it! She asked me if I wanted anything else and I asked her what are the chances that would be good and she didn't awnser she just shrugged her shoulders and looked a me! So she told me she'd give me $10 off my bill, I told her if I had to pay for it my dogs might as well eat it! The best thing of the night was the free cheesecake the waitress sent home for me I'm guessing they didn't make it! This is the worst most unprofessional place ever!! Sad thing is everyone else said there food was good? Of course it looked totally different from ours! You know it's bad when one of the workers tells you they don't even eat there! They did have amazing artwork for sale !

• Visited February 2013
Pardeeville, Wisconsin
“If your looking for good food & prices, Check out "Trails Lounge" Portage”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We have been there several times on Tuesday for the Senior Specials. Usually have a few cocktails before Supper.Very good prices on their drinks and a good selection for the evening meal. Attentive bartender, providing a friendly, home-town atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012