“Quaint and Folksy”

Nisleit's Country Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nisleit's Country Inn has been offering restaurant dining and catering services to the Port Washington, WI community since 1981. Our specialties are french onion soup, prime rib, onions rings and everything on our menus are made fresh every day. Food and Bar. Banquet room available. Drop off, Pick up and full catering services. Nisleit's Country Inn offers a variety of favorite dishes from Steak and Seafood to our delicious house specialties like Chicken Cordon Bleu and Prime Rib. When you're hungry for a brunch buffet, lunch or dinner our selection of tempting dishes will satisfy any appetite. We will gladly accommodate you and your guests for a special gathering at our restaurant or our off-premise catering service will come to you whether you're planning a backyard b-b-q or black tie affair. For outstanding customer service and exceptional dining, join us at Nisleit's Country Inn. Sundays: Brunch is 9:00am-1:30pm. Lunch and dinner menu is available from 12:00pm-8:00pm.
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stepping into Nisleit's is like stepping back in time. The hostess stand (between the bar and the dining room) is usually staffed by a very pleasant lady, one of the owners (the other, her husband, is in the kitchen). The decor is reminiscent of a 1950's Wisconsin Supper Club. The menu has a varied selection with "something for everyone". Having dined there throughout 2012, probably about 25 times, we have landed on our two favorite dishes: broasted chicken and boneless pork chops. The chicken is among the best I've had anywhere. The broasting creates a crispy, yet not greasy exterior, with a wonderfully moist interior. The pork chops are excellently prepared, tasty, moist and tender. Dinners come with rolls and butter, choice of soup or salad, choice of potato, and vegetable of the day. All included at a VERY reasonable price. This quaint little place, adjacent to an off-ramp from I-43, is a terrific find that I have found worthy of my 25 minute drive there.

1  Thank Connoisseur36

Reviewed November 5, 2012

What can I say? I love this place. My husband and I eat here about once a week and we love the food, the atmosphere and the price. The owners are great and very friendly and personable and the bartenders are the best! Their Friday fish fry menu includes the usual cod and haddock, but they also offer a baked stuffed cod with hollandaise sauce that is just awesome! If you are in the neighborhood you have to check it out!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Terrific service/great food and friendly folks. Worth any time/effort to get here. Just on the edge of Port Washington and very handy to I-43. Everyone we saw and talked to was delighted with their meals. We had the Lake Perch and it was lightly breaded - perfect - mild and delicious. It was served as double breasted filets - still attached - which I've never seen before. Someone is very talented with the filet knife! The creamy coleslaw was perfect too - can be an iffy thing to order when you're traveling. They serve plenty of food for your money - I had to take part of my dinner home - which is unusual for me. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We go to Nisleit's once or twice a month. It's the kind of restaurant that you can go to on a date night or you can take the kids. The menu has a large variety of food choices and the food is good. We especially like the ribs and the prime rib. And the milkshakes are WONDERFUL! We have noticed that the prices have gone up significantly in the last year, but in today's economy, I guess everyone's prices have gone up. You do get a lot of food for the money though.

1  Thank Becky R
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very nice country inn with great drinks and lots of menu choices sure to please nearly everyone. This restaurant is clean, comfortable, and affordable. our menu selections were prepared to our respective expectations, were excellent, and the staff was pleasant and helpful. Nice cool and quiet environment with good opportunity to talk and to hear each other without loud music or screaming kids. Nive place for quiet dining with opportunity for discussions.