“Good Mexican fare”

Beanies Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Beanies brings a little bit of Mexico to downtown Port Washington, WI. Our secret to success is simple: delicious, fresh Mexican food served in a fun and family-like atmosphere. We are known for our great salsa, GRANDE margaritas, and authentic Mexican cuisine. Come and swing at Beanies!
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Parking can be a problem with parallel parking on the street, but the street blocks are smaller, so walking is not a problem. Good mexican fare-maybe a little bland; menu is classic mexican restaurant. Service was good, casual atmosphere, and the staff friendly. They will come to your table and make fresh quacamole right there. Can't remember prices but I'm sure it was comparable to what you see in other similar eateries.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

A little pricy for what you get. Not expensive but don't go there looking to walk away full or be wowed with memorable culinary experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stopped here on the way back from the beach and I want to warn everybody else before they get sucked in to this tourist destination. Maybe people in this area just aren't used to good Mexican food, but this isn't it.

The food is bland, and over priced. I paid 17.99 for steak fajitas, and they were bland and small. And didn't come with rice and beans. My fiance got a fully loaded steak burrito, also no rice and beans.

The chips were hard, the salsa tasted more like taco sauce, not flavorful at all. The happy hour special was the only good part about it.

It was between there and La Chimenea, and we obviously chose wrong. If you don't care what your food tastes like, stop here. It is a nice area, etc. but that's about it!

2  Thank Jobin23
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had the buffet. There was 5 of us traveling from Manitowoc to Milwaukee. We are from Texas and Arizona. We stopped for mexican food. Well we did get mexican food but it was well below par for what we our used to in the southwest. The dishes on the buffet were almost empty (we had to tell the wait staff that they needed to fill 2 or 3 items). The chicken for the taco salad and fajitas was luke warm and very runny. It was not a good meal. I can not comment on the other menu items as all of us were in a hurry and elected the buffet.

2  Thank Dale M
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I went to Beanies for a couple of margarita's but decided to order some guacamole and chips. I have honestly never seen such a BIG bowl of guacamole and it was excellent. We ordered it with the tomatoes and onions and had a hard time finishing the bowl! I would highly recommend this and forget the meal....you won't have room!