Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We recently stayed at the Port Hotel while attending the PGA Championship in Kohler, WI. We enjoyed a great stay. We were quickly checked in and given a tour by Sue who immediately made us feel welcome. The rooms are very nice, very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. We had no trouble with any noise from other rooms even though the hotel was definitely full for the weekend. We enjoyed the delicious breakfast brought to our room 2 mornings during our stay. The portions were ridiculously huge!! We missed out on "Champagne brunch" Sunday morning as it didn't start until 10:00 and we didn't want to miss the golf we came to see. However, I'm sure it would have been a treat.

Date of stay: August 2010
2  Thank mcopps
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Our waitress was rude and 'huffy', did not ofeer choices that were clearly printed on the menu. Brought wrong dish to one of the people in our party and then simply moved it down the appropriate person after she had aleady picked through it with her fork!!! Food was nasty. Chicken was hard, dry, and grisely. Management told us they 'tried it' and there was nothing wrong with it. Are you kidding? Did you really eat our food? Nasty? It seems odd that only 2 people out of a group of 10 had a good dinner, but...well...Management didn't think there was anything wrong with it!!! I will NEVER recommend this NASTY establishment to anyone and neither will the other 9 people in my party.

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank fredyflintstone
Reviewed September 2, 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at The Port Hotel.
Everything had exceeded our expectations.
The room was clean, quiet and restful. The room was up scale and had a comfortable bed.
The food from the restaurant was also great. Order the Steak!
The best breakfast waffle I ever had too! (Pecan)

All the staff was friendly. We also loved the town and waterfront area.
We had a great stay. We will come again and stay at The Port Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2009
1  Thank sharalacross
Reviewed February 6, 2009

My colleagues and I stayed only 2 nights at the lovely Port Hotel. The rooms were beautiful with well-appointed bathrooms and comfortable beds. The staff in the restaurant downstairs went above and beyond for us twice. They do not normally serve breakfast in the dining room (it is typically brought to your room on a tray!) but we had worked late and not gotten in our slip for entree selection on time. They asked what we would like and sat us all in the dining room! The last night we had again worked late and arrived in the restaurant at 10pm (their closing time). Once again they offered us a meal and were pleasant and accommodating. If you are in the area for business or pleasure, I highly recommend staying here!

Date of stay: February 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cmc3
Reviewed November 13, 2008

Just spent a Saturday night in the Presidential Suite.
Beautiful spacious room with a view of the lake; remote control fireplace; nicely decorated; separate sitting area cozy to curl up with a book; large whirlpool; bathroom with Kohler shower separated from room with double sinks; and comfy white robes for lounging that topped off the luxorious suite. Very clean. Off street parking behind the Port Hotel.
We had a very relaxing stay.

Initially when I booked a room on-line at the B&B, I was notified that the room I'd chosen wasn't available .
However they offered a more expensive room at the same price as the one I'd first chosen or a discount on their most expensive room: the Presidential Suite.
I booked the room offered at the same price as the first one I requested, but said if the Presidential Suite were unoccupied when we arrived we'd be happy to upgrade.
What a lovely surprise when we checked in and were given the more expensive room at the initial price we'd booked at.

When we first drove up to the Port Hotel we weren't sure what to expect as the exterior of the historical building didn't resemble most B&B's we've stayed. However, we found a nicely renovated up to date establishment.

We enjoyed a walk along Lake Michigan and watching Salmon being caught by fishermen on the wharf.

Thanks for a lovely stay.

One thing I would change would be a different doorlock since we used a room key only. Guess I have travelled enough to expect a deadbolt .

Date of stay: November 2008