Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2007

I stayed here for two nights in October, and had a wonderful experience. The friendly owner showed me my room, and described all of the room's amenities. The bed was extremely comfortable, with very soft linens. Everything was up-to-date and fresh.

I had breakfast both mornings of my stay, and enjoyed these meals, as well as a room service dinner. I would highly recommend this spot as a nice place to get away for a few days!

Date of stay: October 2007
2  Thank Cavanaugh98
Reviewed October 17, 2007

After a 6 hour drive to Port Washington, we looked forward to checking in and relaxing. The process and service of The Port Hotel was utterly horrible. The owner has a list of rules fit for a penitentary and carries an arrogant, 'better-than-you' attitude. Despite our long trip and vain attempts to make good of the situation, we were met with unbending, cold response. The experience really put a damper on the rest of the weekend and of Port Washington in general.

Date of stay: October 2007
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank clem0120
Reviewed September 19, 2007

My husband and I decided to spend two nights at the Port Hotel for my birthday. We were in the area for the Cedarburg Harvest Festival, and since rooms were no longer available right in Cedarburg a month before the festival, we selected Port Washington as our home away from home. We had stayed there before at a B&B, but decided to try the Port Hotel for this stay. It was the right decision.
The Port Hotel is located in a historic building, just a few blocks from the lake. The lower level of the building has a nice restaurant where we had dinner on our first night. A bit old-fashioned (a relish tray with liver pate, sweet pickled carrots and raw vegetables is brought to your table before your meal), it is however a pleasant place with lots of little rooms. Our dinner (lamb shank for me, beef rouladen for my husband) was very good, and the wine selection, although limited, was appropriate.
The upper two floors of the building are where the twelve hotel rooms, reception area and conference room are located. The stairs are quite steep and there is no elevator. We selected a room on the upper (third) floor with a view on the lake.
It was not a large room, but it was perfect for us. It contained a queen-sized bed, a bed-side table, a desk with a chair, an armoire with full-length mirror which concealed the televison, a comfortable armchair, as well as several lamps. All the furniture pieces were antique reproductions, giving the room a nice cozy warm and rather luxurious feel. The bed linens were luxurious, soft, crisp, and the bed was very comforatble (nice pillow-top mattress, great pillows, fluffy comforter). My only problem with this room was the lack of bed-side furniture and light on the side of the bed where I slept (near the bathroom door). There simply was no room for any more furniture in the room.
The closet was spacious enough and contained two very nice terrycloth robes, an extra pillow, an extra blanket, an ironing board, and an iron, as well as some good quality hangers.

The bathroom was not huge, but spacious enough. It had a lovely sink with granite top, a Kohler toilet with a phone nearby, and a large shower with a nice copper head with three settings. The towels were thick and impeccably clean. The soap/shampoo/lotion provided by the hotel was Caswell Massey. Very nice. I also found a hairdryer under the sink. The bathroom was not designed with a fan, but it had a large window, so it was not a problem.

The Port Hotel is a small hotel and the service we received was therefore of good quality. When we arrived, we were taken to our room by the lady who checked us in. She showed us around and even offered to have a little fridge brought into our room when we asked whether there was one. Some rooms may have mini-fridges, ours did not, so the hotel keeps one (only one, if I understood correctly) fridge that can be moved to whatever room requests it. It was a small very quiet unit and came in handy. When we arrived we also found two bottles of Perrier on the desk and at turn-down, two chocolates were left in the room as well. Our towels and soaps were replenished on the second day, and when we left, the very friendly owner of the hotel knew our names.

I should not forget to mention breakfast: On Saturday morning, breakfast was brought to our room. The evening before, we had selected among about eight choices a beef tenderloin eggs benedict breakfast. It was quite a breakfast! It arrived, right on time, on a very sturdy tray, which was a good thing since two people could not eat at the desk, so the tray had to become a table for the second person.
On Sunday, breakfasts are not brought to the rooms. People are invited to come to the complimentary champagne (well, one glass of Asti!) brunch served in the restaurant. It was a nice buffet, with cold salmon, Ceasar salad, fruit salad, some sort of jello dish, sausage, out-of-this-world maple bacon, potatoes and other breakfast-style dishes, beef Burgundy with mashed potatoes, and Asiago chicken with rice. There was also an omelet and pasta bar, as well as an area with fresh waffles, and a variety of cookies: a great treat on a Sunday morning. Brunch starts at 10:00, and check-out is at 11:00, so it is a bit tight, but we were told to take our time.
I shoud also mention that coffee, tea and chocolate are available near the reception room on the second floor every morning.

The hotel was a very easy and convenient drive from Cedarburg. Had we stayed in Cedarburg, we would have missed two breathtaking sunrises on the lake, which could be enjoyed right from the comfort of our bed. We would also have missed the Saturday morning farmers' market that was held right in front of the hotel. We will definitely stay at the Port Hotel in the future. It is a lovely establishment.

4  Thank Gurnee