“Seasonal table”
Review of Twisted Willow

Twisted Willow
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Join us for heirloom recipes with a modern American twist and hand crafted cocktails. Happy Chill & Beer Emergency Hour (Bar Menu) Tuesday through Friday | 3-6 p.m. Open for lunch on Friday from 11:00am- 2:00pm. Dinner available Tuesday - Thursday 4:30pm - 9:00pm and Friday, Saturday 4:30pm -10:00pm. Live music from 6:00pm to 9:00pm every Saturday. Closed Sunday and Monday.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Clever, comfortably sophisticated, independent & locally owned, Twisted Willow is a unique & busy spot in the downtown marina area. Reasonable prices ($10 sandwich or salad, $18 entree, $6-10 glass of wine) with large portions and a nod to both traditional and contemporary menu choices. The friday new england (creamy) clam chowder worth a mention. Nice touches: recommended beverage pairing with menu items, colorful candied fennel at meal end and well sourced foods. Locally very popular, consider a week-night or the friday lunch....and a reservation.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

It's great farm cooking with a upper class restaurant feel with out the price. The establishment does all the small things for an outstanding visit. It's a must eat location

2  Thank Kane L
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I go to this restaurant very often. We also recommend our friends to visit it and we are all coming back. Food is great, prices are reasonable and place is fantastic. We normally go after 8:30 pm with no reservation and able to have dinner even if it is a little late.

1  Thank worldtravel47
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Everything about this place is wonderful! It is a perfect fine dinning experience! Be warned that when we placed at reservation there wasn't one available for three weeks! Bec it's soooooo good!!!!:):):):):)

1  Thank Evan R
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We were there late on a Wednesday night. The moscato I ordered was fantastic. The flatbread sounded better than it was, unfortunately - a bit burnt around the edges, and for how good it looked on the plate, the flavor wasn't there, a bit bland. But we still finished it! I wish there had been more choices for appetizers, maybe different flatbreads - I have a shellfish allergy and only two apps didn't contain crab or shrimp.

I had the tomato garden vegetable soup, which was very good considering I dislike tomato soups, but I tried it and was pleasantly surprised.

I had the lemon basil tilapia, my partner had the special pork tenderloin. The fish was cooked well, excellent flavor, and the sauce was to die for. I'm not a veggie person, so the sautéed ones underneath the fish didn't look very appetizing to me - the sugar snap peas were okay though. The extra side of sweet potato fries that came with it was too much food, and they were mostly cold by the time they got to us. I didn't think an extra side was necessary though, the fish was huge. My partners pork tenderloin was melt in your mouth tender, and tasted fine, but was better after the addition of salt and pepper, the flavor was a little hollow.

I had the Tiramisu and he had the cherry crumble, both were absolutely heavenly.

Our server (Linda) was very knowledgeable and incredibly nice. We were there for almost two hours, and while the food did take a while to get to us, it was never an excessive wait, and was overall a very wonderful experience. My only suggestion would be more selection of non shellfish apps and/or entrees, but that's a personal thing. We will certainly be back to try the mushroom stroganoff and more of those amazing desserts!

1  Thank Lindzy W
TwistedWillow, Manager at Twisted Willow, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Lindzy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Our customers feedback is very important to us. With that being said, we are sorry that you were unable to enjoy some of our menu items due to your shellfish allergy. We have daily specials which include an appetizer, entree and dessert. They sometimes include shellfish, but not always. After this brutal winter is finally over, we will be adding a few delicious seasonal appetizer and entree options to our menu. So please stay tuned for those changes! We are very grateful that you and your partner enjoyed yourselves! Thank you again for joining us on Wednesday and we will keep all your comments in mind as we grow as a business.
Hope to see you and your partner again soon!
-The Twisted Willow Family