“Been awhile . . .”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Been awhile . . .”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

It's been years since I last dined at the Port Hotel. My memories are of the fun we had at their bar and the special occasions when we had steak and lobster combos for dinner. And the complimentary lazy susan that was on the dinner table with olives and liver pate and other pickled vegetables. I don't know if dinner is the same because this time we went for Sunday brunch. We skipped the bar because we were on the way to Milwaukee's auto show. They offered several salads for the first course, my favorite of which was the seafood pasta salad. I chose scrambled eggs, eggs benedict, bacon, and sausage for my hot course. I like my scrambled eggs a bit more moist, but the sausages were very tasty, and we loved the light, brown sugar flavor on the bacon. And the eggs benedict was heavenly. There was an omlet station, but neither of us ordered an omlet. There was a selection of about 12 dessert items cut in mostly 1" squares, which was perfect for tasting several of them. There was also a hot apple dessert available, but we didn't taste it. We like the romantic atmosphere of the Port Hotel's dining room. I would go back for brunch there again if I'm driving past Port during the hours of brunch. I'm not certain, but I believe the brunch price was $14.95.

• Visited March 2014

Port Washington, Wisconsin
“charming”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel has charming old victorian feel to it. The rooms are beautiful The food is always good. Can get crowded on Sundays and holidays. Have some very good happy hour deals too.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Breakfast”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Included in our Groupon gift. The breakfast was complimentary with our gift. It was buffet style, with about half of the food looking completely unappetizing. There was a made-to-order waffle and omelet bar though. Waffles were good, omelet was ok.

Visited November 2013
wisconsin
“pretty good place”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Ate here over long weekend stay. Two dinners. Both pretty decent but had some poor choices of sides, overpriced wine list for average wine. Great soups both nights though and we enjoyed it. Brunch here was awesome with best bacon ever cooked in brown sugar -not to be missed!

Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yum yum”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We ate an evening meal - we were staying at the Port Hotel-I had liver and onions-totally delicious and hubby had lamb shank-yum,yum. The atmosphere is intimate, the service friendly and the food that we ordered DELICIOUS

• Visited October 2013