“Never had a bad meal here!”

Port Hotel Restaurant & Lounge
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The atmosphere is pleasant, and whether it's a seafood buffet or an order off the menu, the food is ALWAYS top-notch. The wait staff is experienced and knowledgeable. I've been back many times and will continue to patronize this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

For as upscale a joint as you will find in Port Washington, the restaurant was just okay. The service was personal and friendly, and we even ate dinner next to the owner of the place. The food, however, was okay at best. I ordered a blue cheese salad -- and even that was bland. The filet was okay, the shrimp below average, and the ribs were cooked well (fell off the bone) but the flavor was not great. In addition, I found the restaurant to have a weird smell. I honestly would not recommend this to someone passing through. Better food for less money is available.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My family and friends have been enjoying special occasion meals at the Port Hotel for 35+ years. It has always been a bit over priced but this last visit took the cake for rudeness. We had a party of 10 celebrating our daughters college graduation. Two of our guests were running a bit late due to their own college obligations. We were seated immediately and ordered appetizers and cocktails.When the waitress returned to clear our appetizer plates and refill drink orders she asked me if we could go ahead and order our entree's despite our two missing guests. The waitress told me they were busy tonight and we only had the table for a limited amount of time!! I told her we were absolutely not ordering before everyone had joined us. One of my other daughters left the table to use the restroom and she stopped and informed the Hostess what the waitress had just said to me and that I was very angry. I was angry and annoyed beyond belief. We weren't just taking up a table without ordering, we had numerous appetizers and cocktails and my two missing guests were on their way. There are numerous other high end restaurants in Ozaukee County and I will be patronizing those establishments when my family has a special occasion to celebrate from now on.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I'm always leery about ordering salmon at a new restaurant. I need not have worried. The fish was served with a dill/caper/onion sauce that was delicious! My husband enjoyed his redfish special as well. Our server was prompt, courteous and friendly. And the coconut cream pie -- oh my. I really believe it was a scratch recipe. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We spent last nite here at the hotel... the rooms are up one or two flights of extremely steep stairs..it might be a consideration for some. Our room was lovely and squeaky clean. We were on a Living Social voucher so dinner was $20.00 off @ the restaurant so we stayed in because it had turned rainy and cold. We both ordered the Stillwell Steak and were told they were out, but would be happy to prepare us ribeyes the same way for the same price...$20.95 each...later we realized that we had paid $31.57 as a total...plus we left an $8.50 tip. We can only figure that they charged us the $24.95 price of the ribeyes or maybe they had already added the tip ...so eithe way we over paid, but had no recourse becuse the restaurant was closed the next morning and the place was deserted,! Our walk to the beach and around the harbor was great tho