“What a treat!”
Review of Baltica Bistro

Baltica Bistro
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Baltica Bistro offers healthy, gourmet breakfast and lunch (fresh soups, quiches, salads and sandwiches that are made from scratch), our own delicious artisan desserts, a large selection of high quality loose leaf teas (served hot or cold), French Press coffee.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I were driving through Port Washington on a Saturday afternoon in June and stopped in for the first time at Baltica which is located on Franklin St.(easy to find off of I-43 north at the HWy84/WI 32N exit for Port Washington). Our waitress, Shereen, was extremely accomodating and helpful. Starting with the sample iced tea of the day to our final purchase of some in-house freshly baked scones ("to go") our leisurely lunch experience at Baltica was a delight. My wife and I split the sandwich of the day: turkey, cranberry relish, romaine lettuce and avocado on a freshly baked croissant; a made to order Caprese salad with locally grown tomatoes, fresh mozzarella on a bed of greens, avocado along with a drizzle of balsamic glaze; and the home made soup of the day: sweet potato, black bean, carrots topped with avocado. There's plenty of street parking in front of the restaurant as well as on the side streets. It's open Wed-Sat. We'll be back!

1  Thank CobrasU8

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have enjoyed the Baltica Tea Room with a friend and also with a number of groups. The ladies at Baltic are so nice and helpful and the food and tea is just great. For someone who needs gluten-free, they have the perfect things for you. I had a friend that needed gluten free and she said that she had the best meal that she has had in a long time. I was just there yesterday and had the red berry, raspberry tea, which was their tea of the day It was so good that I took some home with me. I am enjoying it today and having nice memories of the lunch I had with friends yesterday. I have also taken some of there scones home with me. They are the best I have ever had. I would highly recommend going to Baltica Tea Room and also trying Vines to Wines for wine tasting. I hope Kari is working when you go to Vines to Wines because she really knows her wines. It is a nice way to enjoy your day in Port Washington. Oh, did I mention going to the Chocolate Chisel for chocolate and Sassy Cow ice cream. Yum!!

1  Thank Mary F
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Met a friend in February and was really impressed by the ambiance (small, quaint) and the knowledgable wait person. She gave us a sample of the tea of the day, as well as the soup and we were sold on both! Salad was great, and my friend had the special sandwich of the day which was made on fresh hard crust bread and just rolled her eyes and said "MMMMMM" when she bit into it, nodding "yes". it's a do again and again!

1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great food in a cozy atmosphere. Wonderfull service as well. They also have a really nice tea selection, this is a must do on any visit to Port Washington

1  Thank artisticgal
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I have come here a few times now on trips home to see his family in Wisconsin. We love the fresh tea and food and the specials are always changing. I am vegetarian and there is always a few choices for me and I've always loved them all. I leave here feeling just full enough and alert- not weighed down like a lot of lunch places. Every time we come we try a new tea- caffeinated, decaffeinated, herbal, organic, fair trade, etc. There are endless choices and all have been wonderful. We bought some loose tea leaves to bring home so we could enjoy the tea even when we weren't in Wisconsin. We also purchased one of the pottery dishes hand made in Poland and a few other gifts hand made by artisans from around the world (aka not cheap,flimsy things made in China). Lunch prices are from $5-$9, and I cannot remember what tea was exactly but it was very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this place to visitors of all types.

2  Thank sunski774