“A very nice stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Washington
Chicago, Illinois
“A very nice stay”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and were very surprised to get a suite for $114.00 !

The front desk staff was courteous and went out of their way to be helpful.

The room was big and very clean. So was the bathroom. The only thing I didn't understand why the refrigerator and microwave were unplugged. They are built into a cabinet so you can't easily get to the outlet. Even though they hotel is right on the Hwy it was very quiet.

There was a good selection for breakfast and it was kept stocked and clean.

Over all it was a very good stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
West Allis, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Due to making the reservation far in advance, we were able to get a room with a whirlpool at a very reasonable price. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean. We had a very nice time, and the whirlpool in the room was heaven.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg P
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed here, with another couple, for a beer/wine tasting event, that the local chamber of commerce was holding, at this hotel. When we arrived, the parking lot was empty, so check in was a breeze. That did not last long. About a half hour later, it was almost full. We had a 2-queen bed room (the king rooms were all gone when I booked the rooms), on the third floor. The hotel was in the process of renovating all of the first floor rooms, so all guests were on the second and third floors. The room was very clean and well kept, including the bathroom. I did not see any stains, tears in the carpet, mold, etc. The room's heater/ac unit did it's job, and was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable. Most of the people staying there, that night, were attending this event. So we thought, that it would be very noisy in the hallway, later in the evening. To our surprise, it was very quiet. We could not hear the people, next door, and it looked like they were going to be entertaining a few party goers, after the event. The event started at 5PM and ended at 9PM. We went to the hotel's bar that was located inside the property. Let me say this, the bartender that was working that night, needs to get a personality. Very poor job! It was like he did not want to be there, if you wanted another drink, you almost had to shake you glass to get his attention. This was the only bad thing about this property. The morning breakfast was bountiful. French toast, sausages(very spicy), fruit, cereal, oat meal, toast, coffee, milk, juice, just to name a few, was on the menu. They had 2 people keeping the room clean and making sure that nothing ran out. We did not get a chance to use the pool area. I rated the service very low, because of the bartender. The front desk staff, breakfast room, housekeeping, were very good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imowgreens
Sconsin
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I booked late for a wedding we were attending so we got the last room available, a whirlpool suite. I was happy with the price only being $115 for the suite. It was nice and clean. The continental breakfast was fresh and always being restocked. There is also a nice sized pool and hot tub in the hotel. Easy to do laps and shallow enough for children to play at the end. There was also a bar open at night, that others in our party had fun after hours (we did not attend).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hartford, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Amazing place, spacious rooms, great breakfast, flat screen TV and other usual amenities... cozy bar...would recommend it to friends and family. The staff was pleasing and easy to deal with. I will surely come back whenever I'm in town

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeff P
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a good experience with this hotel, which is right off the highway & down a side street. The hotel is adequate for a good night's sleep. I felt safe & I noticed a variety of staff members working during our stay. The front desk staff was helpful. We only stayed one night & didn't have time to check out the indoor pool and gym.

The hotel seems a bit run down but our room (two queens, not a suite) was quiet, well stocked and clean. It always bothers me when the carpet along the bottom of the walls is dirty, but that's kind of minor I guess. I liked the fact that the comforters on the bed had a removable cotton sheath that is easily washed & was clean. The pillows & the bed was very comfortable too. It was odd that no ice machine or vending machines could be found on the 2nd floor, but I did find a laundry room by the elevator on 2nd floor with a coin washer & dryer & a deep sink.

Breakfast was good. I had homemade oatmeal which was tasty, but the brown sugar was old & the raisins had seen better days. Mini-muffins were yummy, coffee was good & strong, plus fresh hand fruit or canned fruit. You could make waffles too. Also available were bagels, yogurt, cereal, & weird egg patties with mushy soy sausage.

On Thursday & Friday nights they have Karaoke in a small lounge until midnight, which was a lot of fun & well attended by the locals.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KarenLynn7
Illinois
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed at numerous Country Inn and Suites and this one was really nothing special. When I checked in, the front desk attendant was stressed out because there was a wedding and the hotel was booked. (Note: I did not ask for this information.) Our room was average. The main living area was clean. The beds were hard and there was not a chair in the room other than the desk chair. In the bathroom, there was mold on the shower curtain. I will say that even though wedding attendees were staying in our floor, we did not hear them and overall, the night was quiet. Breakfast the next morning was again average. Typical items - - - muffins, cereal, make your own waffle station, oatmeal, etc. Because of the wedding, we had a difficult time finding parking when we returned from dinner. We ended up parking in one of about 3 spots left in the parking lot, located down by the banquet room, Luckily, we had already brought our luggage in or we would have been rolling luggage in from of the banquet room to get to the hotel. One other note about the area by the banquet room, I noticed one of the outside windows had several huge cracks in it and some of the façade on the front was missing. If I was having my wedding there, I know this would have bothered me.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the 2nd or 3rd floors
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Green24
Chandra P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and posting your comments and feedback.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I will address the issue with the front desk person and take appropriate actions. Also the signage at the banquette hall was damaged due to electric short and is in process of being repaired. Sorry about the parking lot situation because the parking lot does get full when the hotel and the banquette hall is busy, although we request the banquette hall guests to use the far end lot. I will investigate other comments and take appropriate actions to improve.

Thank you.
#5 of 11 in Sheboygan
Motel 6 Saukville
Motel 6 Saukville
#1 of 1 in Saukville

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington? Share your experiences!