“Always a pleasure”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Washington
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I ride my bicycle to Door County most summers and Port Washington is one of my normal stops.

The Country Inn & Suites franchise is always a quality product in my experience and the Port Washington establishment is on par with some of their best offerings.

Front desk was quick and efficient. The room was spotless and fresh. The cookies are always appreciated. The bed was very comfortable with quality linens and plenty of pillows.

Nice flat panla TV with loads of channels.

The only glitch was small. I had trouble connecting to the WiFi, called the front desk for the password and was told that no password is needed. After trying to connect some more I called again. This time I was told that the password was "welcome". This worked fine. I'm not sure why this particular piece of information is not widely known by all employees.

Anyway...I was up early (5 am) the next morning to begin my ride. Breakfast was not supposed to be open until 6 but the young man setting things up welcomed me in and made sure I had what I needed. This was not expected but breatly appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hotels in Port Washington vastly range in price and this one really gives you more bang for your buck. Spent two nights here instead of moving on to Milwaukee. (about 20 miles) Quiet, clean, spacious room, queen beds, very good continental breakfast. Just very nice, need I say more?.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We attended the Couples on Wheels Spring rally in Port Washington, Wisconsin. The location was perfect. The room was neat and clean. Breakfast which is very important to the bicyclist was very good. Enjoyed the hot tub and pool. We did have a few noisy neighbors who kept us up. Should have called the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dickandjackie
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel due to car problems on our way home. The hotel is very nice! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable with queen beds, not doubles! The breakfast selection was very good with make your own waffles and prepared eggs, sausages, and sausage gravy. They also had different selections of cereals, breads, pastries, etc. It was a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank suomilainen
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We got along just fine from reception to departure. Our night was very quiet in a double room, and yes the beds ARE queens. We were surprised to find a microwave and dorm refrigerator in the room. The room was clean and comfortable, but I sure would have enjoyed having a cushy chair to relax in. The pool was closed for renovation (not a problem for us) but looked fine. Breakfast was included and much appreciated. Coffee is always available. There is a bar on-site, but no food other than pizza.

I can understand the complaints about road noise on the side facing I-43. Trucks are on a grade there and if the wind is blowing toward your room, well sorry. Fortunately we were on the sheltered side.

Our reservation was via Hotwire, so the price was right too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Port Washington Wisconsin is a great city to visit so enjoy a great nights sleep on a very comfortable bed in the Country Inn and Suites. They offer a wonderful breakfast included in the price of your room. Takes the rush out of the next morning.

Room Tip: Our room was a single king size bed and was just great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was truly worried when I had read the reviews on this property. I had booked it because of an event at Memories Hall and it is the closest hotel. After I read other reviews I tried to reserve elsewhere but the Holiday Inn was already booked. I'm not sure what happened but I was more then pleasantly surprised by the service and our stay. We had a suite which was very roomy - with a door for the bedroom - perfect for a family of 4 like mine - the kids slept on the pullout sofa. The suite was clean, bathroom clean, the only problem I had was a hairdryer that wouldn't keep working. But when I called the front desk they brought up another. The breakfast was just slightly above continental - nothing to write home about but I don't expect anything more for the price. We did use the pool every night of our 3 night stay; which was lovely and we had no problems with the air and over chlorination. My parents stayed in a standard room which they were very happy with and my sister in another suite. All clean with newer carpet and very little road noise from any of them. There was some noise from kids running in the hallway upstairs but no road noise at all in my suite. So enjoy on a budget and have fun!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington? Share your experiences!