“Great Location for Tandem Rally” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Port Washington
Ingleside, Illinois
“Great Location for Tandem Rally”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

We attended the Couples on Wheels Spring rally in Port Washington, Wisconsin. The location was perfect. The room was neat and clean. Breakfast which is very important to the bicyclist was very good. Enjoyed the hot tub and pool. We did have a few noisy neighbors who kept us up. Should have called the front desk.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dickandjackie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
hancock, michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel due to car problems on our way home. The hotel is very nice! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable with queen beds, not doubles! The breakfast selection was very good with make your own waffles and prepared eggs, sausages, and sausage gravy. They also had different selections of cereals, breads, pastries, etc. It was a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank suomilainen
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We got along just fine from reception to departure. Our night was very quiet in a double room, and yes the beds ARE queens. We were surprised to find a microwave and dorm refrigerator in the room. The room was clean and comfortable, but I sure would have enjoyed having a cushy chair to relax in. The pool was closed for renovation (not a problem for us) but looked fine. Breakfast was included and much appreciated. Coffee is always available. There is a bar on-site, but no food other than pizza.

I can understand the complaints about road noise on the side facing I-43. Trucks are on a grade there and if the wind is blowing toward your room, well sorry. Fortunately we were on the sheltered side.

Our reservation was via Hotwire, so the price was right too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Port Washington Wisconsin is a great city to visit so enjoy a great nights sleep on a very comfortable bed in the Country Inn and Suites. They offer a wonderful breakfast included in the price of your room. Takes the rush out of the next morning.

Room Tip: Our room was a single king size bed and was just great.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hot Springs, AR 71901
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was truly worried when I had read the reviews on this property. I had booked it because of an event at Memories Hall and it is the closest hotel. After I read other reviews I tried to reserve elsewhere but the Holiday Inn was already booked. I'm not sure what happened but I was more then pleasantly surprised by the service and our stay. We had a suite which was very roomy - with a door for the bedroom - perfect for a family of 4 like mine - the kids slept on the pullout sofa. The suite was clean, bathroom clean, the only problem I had was a hairdryer that wouldn't keep working. But when I called the front desk they brought up another. The breakfast was just slightly above continental - nothing to write home about but I don't expect anything more for the price. We did use the pool every night of our 3 night stay; which was lovely and we had no problems with the air and over chlorination. My parents stayed in a standard room which they were very happy with and my sister in another suite. All clean with newer carpet and very little road noise from any of them. There was some noise from kids running in the hallway upstairs but no road noise at all in my suite. So enjoy on a budget and have fun!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Platteville, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was a beautiful hotel with so much space. The upgraded suite was huge. Of course, the breakfast was great. The pool and hot tub were connected by a short wall that made it easy to slide into. Very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrandMrs5
purplehazemini
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

Will not be staying here again due to the extremely rude male subject that is either the owner or manager! He literally yelled at my friend for not being understanding of a $200 account error on their part. Took them four days to correct it. He yelled at her for 10 minutes and all she wanted was her money back on her card.

Anyway, Pool area was so hot we had to prop open a door to outside! Nothing they could do. Areas are getting kind of rusty.

The rooms are in need of a complete update. I was happy to see a few hot items on their breakfast bar, but too little, too late for me.

I used to stay here several times a year but like I said, NO one yells at a customer like this guy did - even if the customer was wrong - and keeps me as a customer.

• Stayed February 2011
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Washington? Share your experiences!