The location is why we chose to stay at this hotel. It is located right next to the marina and Rotary Park, with a lovely view of the lake. The hotel itself is a bit dated in decor, but we didn't spend a ton of time in our room so it did not bother us. The beds were comfy, if a bit soft for my tastes. The place was clean and the staff friendly. Our shower had great water pressure, and the tub was large and deep. The lighting in our bathroom was abysmal, however. For a woman applying makeup, it was not adequate. The room (2 queen) was outfitted with a refrigerator and microwave, 2 beds, desk, and wet bar area. The TV was older, but again, it didn't matter to us.
Do yourself a favor, however, and do NOT eat breakfast at the Rusty Anchor (restaurant/bar in the hotel). I ordered an omelette which was served with a nice big hair in it. Yuck. At least they took it off my bill.
Overall, a good place to stay especially if you don't plan to be in your room all day. Enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Harborview Port Washington Hotel,, located just 20 miles North of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan. There are no other Wisconsin destinations that can offer the same sort of East-coast, New England-like charm. The Holiday Inn Harborview is one of the few Lake Michigan harbortown hotels in Wisconsin, offering a unique & charming boutique hotel experience. All guests are sure to appreciate the convenience of being adjacent to the Port Washington Marina, downtown shops & boutiques and some of the finest restaurants in the Milwaukee area including our very own Rusty Anchor Saloon & Eatery! For nearby recreation we are one of the only Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, Mequon and Grafton area hotels near: charter fishing on Lake Michigan (3 boats on property), Interurban Bike Trail (starts on property), Elkhart Lake Road America and Kohler Wisconsin. In addition, being one of the few Cedarburg area hotels, many guests will take the short 8-mile trip to experience the Cedar Creek Winery & antique shops in historic downtown Cedarburg. For corporate travelers, the hotel is conveniently located near WE Energies Port Washington Power Plant, Concordia University, Charter Steel, SKF, Simplicity, Allen Edmonds, Tecumseh, Leggett & Platt, Columbia St. Mary s and Kleen Test Products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Port Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Washington Hotel Port Washington
- Port Washington Holiday Inn