“Parked out car at check-in and didn't have to drive til we checked out four days later”

Holiday Inn Port Washington
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Port Washington
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2010

This place is very cool. Situated right near the water, our suite had killer views. Most everything we needed during our stay was within walking or biking distance, so we never had to use our car. We stayed for four days and began our mornings by sauntering out to the park (directly adjacent to the hotel) where we just hung out and got caffeined-up while we soaked up the ambience of the lake, marina, and the goings-on. There's a walking/biking path, a smoked fish shop, beach, lighthouse, and much more, very close to the hotel. We all enjoyed the indoor pool and spa at the end of the day, too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Franksville, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Not sure about the hype. Hotel has been there for years and in many respects it's showing (not well). Noticed an electric space heater sitting on a mantle when entering the lobby to generate additional heat and the carpeting certainly could use a major cleaning.

Like one of the other reviews, park early. Lot is very small and fills up quickly. We were one of the lucky ones but heard another guest's concern they were ticketed for street parking over night. Room was OK at best, small bathroom, ten year old tube televisions and the view, well like others said...... it's a small crummy harbor with a few unsold condos and a power plant. Wouldn't call that romantic or exciting.

I suppose if you paid $79 for a weekend night like we did and your sole intention is hanging around for a wedding reception or going downtown for pub crawling, OK......

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
wisc
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We have stayed at this motel since it was owned by Smith Brothers - every year we get a suite - it consists of either a separate alcove beyond the sleeping area - with a fold out couch - or a small separate room when you enter - that has a fold out couch and its own tv - as defined - a SUITE is a group of connected rooms used as a living unit. Holiday Inn has a new definition - the SUITE we got had a longer than normal hallway - but then it was just a room with 2 queen beds, no couch (but it did have 2 chairs for the 3 of us) - I asked why they were calling it a suite - and was told because it had a lake view and a downtown view. WHAT???? We should have been charged for just a room with 2 queens - NOT a suite. So they offered instead to take $20 off our breakfast - which was inedible. Never used to be - this is the first time the food was so bad - so we had to get dressed and drive or walk to restaurants in the area - big pain. I reserved for 2 nights - got there and was told they only had me down for one night - WHAT? I was told - YOU are lucky it is not next week - we are booked solid next week. When I reserved I asked - is everything working? Hot tub - spa and swimming pool - they were insulted. But we have a handicapped son that it is really impossible to explain that something is broke - and if that was the case - we just would not go right now - but everything was working - until Sunday morning - then the hot tub was no longer working - we just left early - way too much hassle for a quick get away - lousy beds - great pillows - all I can think of as good - small tv - NO dvd or access to rent movies - what is with that?
This hotel has been a Ramada - a Best Western - maybe a few others - but Holiday Inn is the worst -

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank besand

Travelers are raving about these Port Washington hotels

Plymouth, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 16, 2009

This hotels location can not be beat. It is right on Lake Michigan in downtown Port Washington. There are many restaurants within walking distance. The lake front walking path starts right outside the hotel.

I stayed in a whirlpool room on the top floor. I loved it. The refrigerator & microwave were very convenient. The whirlpool filled up with hot water in about two minutes. It was very clean, as was the rest of the room & the bathroom.

The pool is one of the largest hotel pools I've seen. There is a large hot tub & attached sauna. The area was also one of the cleanest pool areas I've been in and it appeared the floor and pool were recently refinished. Outside of the pool is a riverside sundeck.

I'd stay at this hotel again without hesitation. It may be an older property, but it is well staffed, very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
iowa
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My teenage son and I stayed in this motel on the way to Door County. GREAT hotel. Right downtown and right on the water. We enjoyed just sitting in our room and looking out the window at the harbor with small and large watercraft coming in and out of the docks. Nice pool was also enjoyed. Room was clean and quiet.....would stay again if we get the chance.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I was greeted personally by the lady at the counter. My aunt had called to the hotel a few times concerned that I make it safely, I had driven alone from Winnipeg straight through to Port Wisconsin on the last day of Labour Day weekend (traffic was crazy!). The lady at the desk seemed almost as concerned about me as my Aunty, it was wonderful, I walked in and she said very relieved, I bet you are (and said my name)! I was greeted very warmly and given an upgraded room without paying extra, I had a nice view. I know some people say the view is overrated, I am a prarie girl and for me I was so excited, I got to look out at the quaint little condo's (they are so cute!) and a I am not sure if it is a store or restauant, that had FISH written on it, makes for some amazing photos (I am a photographer). You can see lake Michigan, it is way out there, the water view is a kind of a little private marina for the condo owners, and there is a power plant or something there, but hey, I am the type of person to see the good in things, oh, and the boardwalk around the condo's right hooked onto the hotel, it was lovely, and the park that is in the hotel's backdoor? IT is gorgeous, a lovely gazebo, this hotel is really in a prime location, Port Washington is a very old place, and you are in the heart of it and can walk up or down the main street without any problem you literally are right there, not a two minute walk. And I didn't hear any noises, I slept so soundly and the bed was the most comfortable of my journey yet. I didn't eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment about that. I did want to use the computer to email my hubby that I made it okay, but it was out of use. Stuff happens. I would NOT stay anywhere else if going to Port Washington, the area this hotel is in is awesome. Room was fine, not the Plaza but worked for me!! It wasn't the brand new sparkling clean hotel, but it is kept well, and my room was clean (I am pretty picky).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
US
Reviewed August 25, 2009

lakeside room is best for ammenities and view. price seems a bit hight, but go every year and love it ! can walk from hotel to restaurants and lake and beautiful park next door. the staff is always pleasant and efficient

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend

Been to Holiday Inn Port Washington? Share your experiences!