“Would stay again in a heartbeat!”

Holiday Inn Port Washington
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Port Washington
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My teenage son and I stayed in this motel on the way to Door County. GREAT hotel. Right downtown and right on the water. We enjoyed just sitting in our room and looking out the window at the harbor with small and large watercraft coming in and out of the docks. Nice pool was also enjoyed. Room was clean and quiet.....would stay again if we get the chance.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Port Washington

Reviewed September 11, 2009

I was greeted personally by the lady at the counter. My aunt had called to the hotel a few times concerned that I make it safely, I had driven alone from Winnipeg straight through to Port Wisconsin on the last day of Labour Day weekend (traffic was crazy!). The lady at the desk seemed almost as concerned about me as my Aunty, it was wonderful, I walked in and she said very relieved, I bet you are (and said my name)! I was greeted very warmly and given an upgraded room without paying extra, I had a nice view. I know some people say the view is overrated, I am a prarie girl and for me I was so excited, I got to look out at the quaint little condo's (they are so cute!) and a I am not sure if it is a store or restauant, that had FISH written on it, makes for some amazing photos (I am a photographer). You can see lake Michigan, it is way out there, the water view is a kind of a little private marina for the condo owners, and there is a power plant or something there, but hey, I am the type of person to see the good in things, oh, and the boardwalk around the condo's right hooked onto the hotel, it was lovely, and the park that is in the hotel's backdoor? IT is gorgeous, a lovely gazebo, this hotel is really in a prime location, Port Washington is a very old place, and you are in the heart of it and can walk up or down the main street without any problem you literally are right there, not a two minute walk. And I didn't hear any noises, I slept so soundly and the bed was the most comfortable of my journey yet. I didn't eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment about that. I did want to use the computer to email my hubby that I made it okay, but it was out of use. Stuff happens. I would NOT stay anywhere else if going to Port Washington, the area this hotel is in is awesome. Room was fine, not the Plaza but worked for me!! It wasn't the brand new sparkling clean hotel, but it is kept well, and my room was clean (I am pretty picky).

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2009

lakeside room is best for ammenities and view. price seems a bit hight, but go every year and love it ! can walk from hotel to restaurants and lake and beautiful park next door. the staff is always pleasant and efficient

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel one night. Great location, friendly staff. Odd elevator arrangement, but it was adequate. Nice room with a view of the lake. A few cleanliness issues in the bathroom. The good points are the location, price, view, friendly staff and very comfortable bed. Negatives are the cleanliness of the bathroom, odd elevator, and a very disappointing breakfast in the restaurant. The restaurant smelled of old grease. Service was poor. Food was good.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2009

Lake view over rated - some condos and a power plant - dead fish stink. Hotel bar and food very lackluster. Just a bigger motel. Not hotel fault but Port Washington has Nothing To Do - just usual local bars. Restaurants are fair at best. Hotel parking lot completely disorganized - anyone and everyone can park in it with no security what so ever for your car.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2009

The service was excellent = Friday Night is the best time in Port
Our room overlooked Lake Michigan and was in excellent shape
Restaurant is attached and the bar was a blast and friendly

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2008

The most outstanding quality of this hotel is the view from the lakeside rooms. You have a view of the harbor and Lake Michigan. I'd suggest staying on a higher floor for even greater views. We stayed in a room (not a suite), but it was huge. Besides the sleeping area, there was a sitting area in front of the window with two easy chairs and a couch, which was nice for sitting and watching the boats. Room had a large bathroom with both shower and tub, plus another sink in the room. The towels were fluffy. The mattress was not too hard, which I like, and the pillows were great. The employees were all friendly and polite. The location was great - you could walk all over town and to restaurants. There were only a few negatives - fishermen staying there tend to get up early and not all are considerate about noise. There really wasn't enough counter space by the sinks. The "closet" area was way too small for all our clothes.
But all in all, I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington House Inn
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area

Been to Holiday Inn Port Washington? Share your experiences!