While my wife and I have travelled to Port Washington in the past, this was the first time we stayed at this hotel and it certainly will not be the last! We were there for a family reunion and reserved three rooms. My wife and I had an adjoining room with our son and his family while our oldest son had a room below us on the second floor. The hotel is very conveniently located in downtown Port Washington right on Lake Michigan next the marina and harbor.
While it's an older property, we found it be be very well maintained. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. There is an indoor heated pool with a hot tub, and there is also a small restaurant and lounge. While we did not eat there we did enjoy the lounge. We overhead a couple of guests complaining about the hotel not having a "free" continental breakfast but there are numerous restaurants and shops within walking distance.
While this hotel may not be the fanciest we've ever stayed out, they certainly earned our business and we will definitely stay there again the next time we visit Port Washington.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Harborview Port Washington Hotel,, located just 20 miles North of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan. There are no other Wisconsin destinations that can offer the same sort of East-coast, New England-like charm. The Holiday Inn Harborview is one of the few Lake Michigan harbortown hotels in Wisconsin, offering a unique & charming boutique hotel experience. All guests are sure to appreciate the convenience of being adjacent to the Port Washington Marina, downtown shops & boutiques and some of the finest restaurants in the Milwaukee area including our very own Rusty Anchor Saloon & Eatery! For nearby recreation we are one of the only Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, Mequon and Grafton area hotels near: charter fishing on Lake Michigan (3 boats on property), Interurban Bike Trail (starts on property), Elkhart Lake Road America and Kohler Wisconsin. In addition, being one of the few Cedarburg area hotels, many guests will take the short 8-mile trip to experience the Cedar Creek Winery & antique shops in historic downtown Cedarburg. For corporate travelers, the hotel is conveniently located near WE Energies Port Washington Power Plant, Concordia University, Charter Steel, SKF, Simplicity, Allen Edmonds, Tecumseh, Leggett & Platt, Columbia St. Mary s and Kleen Test Products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Port Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Washington Hotel Port Washington
- Port Washington Holiday Inn