We often visit Port and always stay at the HI. (Once upon a time it was a Best Western.) Over the years we've learned to ask for an upgrade or pay the extra $ for a lakeview room. They're cleaner and more modern. The view is fabulous and you can't beat waking up to sunrise over the lake, seeing a storm roll in, or watching the charter boats coming and going. The standard rooms appear to be heavily used by fishers - hence the notice to not clean fish in the sink (yew!). Staff have always been friendly and accommodating. Despite receiving free breakfast coupons, we never eat in the bar/restaurant - it's always felt dark and dingy and there's many alternatives in town. (Harry's for breakfast, Newport Shores for lunch, dinner, cocktails.) The 2-for-one drink coupon also is only something we use for a nightcap which we take up to room as the bar's "nightlife" is nonexistent. Overall, I agree with many of the comments and I look forward to its renovation. It's a gem of a location as you can park your car for the duration of your stay and walk anywhere in town for food, beach, marina, lighthouses, fishing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Harborview Port Washington Hotel,, located just 20 miles North of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan. There are no other Wisconsin destinations that can offer the same sort of East-coast, New England-like charm. The Holiday Inn Harborview is one of the few Lake Michigan harbortown hotels in Wisconsin, offering a unique & charming boutique hotel experience. All guests are sure to appreciate the convenience of being adjacent to the Port Washington Marina, downtown shops & boutiques and some of the finest restaurants in the Milwaukee area including our very own Rusty Anchor Saloon & Eatery! For nearby recreation we are one of the only Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, Mequon and Grafton area hotels near: charter fishing on Lake Michigan (3 boats on property), Interurban Bike Trail (starts on property), Elkhart Lake Road America and Kohler Wisconsin. In addition, being one of the few Cedarburg area hotels, many guests will take the short 8-mile trip to experience the Cedar Creek Winery & antique shops in historic downtown Cedarburg. For corporate travelers, the hotel is conveniently located near WE Energies Port Washington Power Plant, Concordia University, Charter Steel, SKF, Simplicity, Allen Edmonds, Tecumseh, Leggett & Platt, Columbia St. Mary s and Kleen Test Products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Port Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Washington Hotel Port Washington
- Port Washington Holiday Inn