This property was originally a Best Western and converted to a Holiday Inn. In the early 90's a new section was added where all of the nicer rooms which face the Port Washington Lighthouse and harbor are located. There is a nice indoor pool and whirlpool, a small fitness room, and a restaurant and bar all on the lower level. The pool overlooks part of the harbor.
You are right downtown and there are many restaurants and shops to explore within close walking distance.
The hotel is well maintained but starting to show it's age on the inside. We were told that a major refresh was going to begin next year.
They have an arrangement with a local 24hr fitness center, which is about two miles away. That is a nice plus for those who do not want to miss their workouts while travelling. I have used the facility several times and it is new and well equipped, but a little small for a full-service gym. For runners or walkers there are nice options close by to include running along the Lake Michigan Beach.
A walk out to the Lighthouse along the breakwater is a must do it the weather allows.
The views of the Harbor are wonderful if you are in those rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Harborview Port Washington Hotel,, located just 20 miles North of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan. There are no other Wisconsin destinations that can offer the same sort of East-coast, New England-like charm. The Holiday Inn Harborview is one of the few Lake Michigan harbortown hotels in Wisconsin, offering a unique & charming boutique hotel experience. All guests are sure to appreciate the convenience of being adjacent to the Port Washington Marina, downtown shops & boutiques and some of the finest restaurants in the Milwaukee area including our very own Rusty Anchor Saloon & Eatery! For nearby recreation we are one of the only Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, Mequon and Grafton area hotels near: charter fishing on Lake Michigan (3 boats on property), Interurban Bike Trail (starts on property), Elkhart Lake Road America and Kohler Wisconsin. In addition, being one of the few Cedarburg area hotels, many guests will take the short 8-mile trip to experience the Cedar Creek Winery & antique shops in historic downtown Cedarburg. For corporate travelers, the hotel is conveniently located near WE Energies Port Washington Power Plant, Concordia University, Charter Steel, SKF, Simplicity, Allen Edmonds, Tecumseh, Leggett & Platt, Columbia St. Mary s and Kleen Test Products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Port Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Washington Hotel Port Washington
- Port Washington Holiday Inn