Holiday Inn Port Washington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Driftwood Motel(Port Washington)
Washington House Inn(Cedarburg)
View Hotel
All reviewslake michiganrotary parkrusty anchorwithin walking distancegreat viewa lake view roombar restaurantbit datedgreat townlocation is excellentdouble queen rooman older hotelpark your cardesk clerkthe main streetwould definitely stay here againfamily reunion
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The view of Lake Michigan is great, the hotel is right next to the lakeside park and walkway. Also in the Port Washington downtown, very pretty with church steeples on the hills makes the city look like in belongs in Maine. Every thing was good about the hotel except for one thing, there were toenail (or fingernail) clippings on the floor between the twin beds. I guess someone forgot to vaccum, the rest of the room was clean. If you stay here be sure to request a room with a vie of the lake.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHarborview, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Bill G,
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel, and that you loved our town just as much as we do! You are very corrected in saying that our town has great sights and a view of the lake that can be breathe taking at times!
I want to apologize for the uncleanness of your room, we really do pride ourselves on being a very clean and tidy hotel. I will let our head housekeeper know of this situation, so she is aware of what happened.
I do hope that you come back again and enjoy our lovely town and hotel.

Richard Tiedt

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I come up to Milwaukee about twice a year for meetings. I came across this hotel on the IHG website a few years back, before I had stayed farther south around Brown Deer road in Mequon. Port Washington is about 20 miles north of Milwaukee, just off I-43.The Holiday Inn in Port Washington is at the Marina in town, just off Lake Michigan. It's an older 5 story hotel that is well kept up. The staff has always been great and the rooms are very clean. Many of the rooms have mini-friges and microwave ovens. The wireless internet has worked well in every room I have stayed in.

They have a small restaurant in the basement. This trip the breakfast was excellent and not expensive. There is also an outdoor patio area. Port Washington is a quaint city and there are many places to eat within a few blocks. You can walk out to the lighthouse, which is about a 1/2 mile walk from the hotel. During the Summer they are usually sold out weeks in advance. If you want to stay in a hotel on Lake Michigan, this place is great.

Room Tip: East facing rooms have a full view of Lake Michigan. Rooms facing north have a view of downtown and the Catholic church up on the hill. Rooms facing south have a view of the condo's and a power plant, plus the jetty about 50 feet away.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnHarborview, Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

We would like to thank you for being such a value customer to our Hotel. We appericate all the kind words you had to give us about our property. Thank you for choosing us, and can not wait to see you again!

Richard Tiedt

Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our last hotel on our 10 day trip.
What a view!!!!! Our room was on the 5th floor with a view of Lake Michigan and what a way to wake up each morning to see the sun rise!
The hotel is not new; I think it was a Best Western or Quality Inn before. It was a hotel picked by the bride for the family from out of town to stay in for the wedding. There isn't much to chose from in Port Washington. The staff did seem ready to help but not ready for the amount of people that came in at one time. We came back one night late and could not get the women's attention for information for the next day. My husband had to call me loudly from the front door before she realized I was at the desk saying loudly "excuse me".
The parking was not always available on the port side of the building and with a truck that can be an issue. Parking on the city side was hard to maneuver at times.
The room was clean and we had the whirlpool tub which really helped this tired traveler. The bathroom was large with a stand-up shower, whirlpool tub, toilet and sink.
The furniture had some issues; you could tell this is a fisherman's hotel. There were knife holes in the pull out couch and arm chair in the room. Someone forgot that they had a knife on them when they sat down.
The bed was comfortable and the room was very large with pullout couch and work area. There was a sink between the beds and bathroom which did help us when someone was in the bathroom using the sink.
The pool was nice but an odd location; next to the bar with windows looking into the bar, yes that ment they could see you too.
The triangle whirlpool was different but very nice. The jets were very strong and helped my feet that were very sore from all the walking I did around town.
The restaurant was under staffed for the week; one cook and one waitress each day. We warned her before we left to prepare for the next day due to our numbers growing each day until the wedding. The food came out slow and we helped ourselves to extra sugar/water/napkins as needed. She was very friendly but overwhelmed.
They also have washers and dryers for guests to use and that came in very handy for us being on the road for so long.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHarborview, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your view of the lovely Lake Michigan. It is just a wonderful view to wake up to every morning! It is also great to hear that our staff was helpful, sorry with our third shift staff with their attention, they need to also remember customer service skills too, I apologize for that. I also understand the frustration with the parking lots, it is hard because of where our hotel is located. For your future stay just let our front desk staff know and they will give you permission to park on the street, so you do not have such a challenge.
I am glad you enjoyed your big room it is one of the favorite rooms in our hotel. We are sorry about the furniture! I will let our maintenance and housekeeping staff know of those tears, so repairs or replacements are done.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for the third year for our annual family reunion. Let's start with the room, the room is average size and was very clean as was the bathroom. The bathroom is very small and the tub drained very slow which seems to be a problem in older hotels. It's not a new hotel but one of the original hotels in Port Washington that the Holiday Inn purchased some years ago. We rented a conference room in the lower level for our family reunion which was very adequate. The location is perfect, right next to Lake Michigan by the harbor/marina, Spectacular view. The property itsself didn't disappoint me, it was the staff that I thought could have used some customer training. When we checked in the girl couldn't find our reservation, you might of known this was the one time that I left my confirmation number at home. She said not to worry as they had plenty of rooms although they told another party earlier that they only had one room left. The next morning I double checked as I didn't want to get double billed and the new girl at the desk said my first reservation was canceled and I would only get billed for the one I made when I checked in. We never canceled, I think they needed a room with two queens on an earlier reservation and canceled ours because we were only able to get two doubles when we checked in. Now to the bar on the lower level which I realize is leased but reflects on the hotel. The girl behind the bar was the least interested in making any money. She spend most of her time texting or flirting with the younger guys at the bar. No personality whatsoever. She couldn't wait for the last person to leave to lock the door. We will probably book again for next year as there's very hotels that have a lounge, restaurant, pool and let's you bring in you're own beverages and snacks.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the first floor next to the main street, noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear DSchmidtNekoosa_Wi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased you found our hotel a perfect location for your annual family reunion. We always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This Holiday Inn, while the public areas were a bit dated, had nice rooms and a great location. A nice park along Lake Michigan was next to the hotel, and there are many shops and restaurants nearby. It was a nice stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInnHarborview, Manager at Holiday Inn Port Washington, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments. We love to hear from our guests and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and our town. We look forward to having you stay with us again!