This was our last hotel on our 10 day trip.
What a view!!!!! Our room was on the 5th floor with a view of Lake Michigan and what a way to wake up each morning to see the sun rise!
The hotel is not new; I think it was a Best Western or Quality Inn before. It was a hotel picked by the bride for the family from out of town to stay in for the wedding. There isn't much to chose from in Port Washington. The staff did seem ready to help but not ready for the amount of people that came in at one time. We came back one night late and could not get the women's attention for information for the next day. My husband had to call me loudly from the front door before she realized I was at the desk saying loudly "excuse me".
The parking was not always available on the port side of the building and with a truck that can be an issue. Parking on the city side was hard to maneuver at times.
The room was clean and we had the whirlpool tub which really helped this tired traveler. The bathroom was large with a stand-up shower, whirlpool tub, toilet and sink.
The furniture had some issues; you could tell this is a fisherman's hotel. There were knife holes in the pull out couch and arm chair in the room. Someone forgot that they had a knife on them when they sat down.
The bed was comfortable and the room was very large with pullout couch and work area. There was a sink between the beds and bathroom which did help us when someone was in the bathroom using the sink.
The pool was nice but an odd location; next to the bar with windows looking into the bar, yes that ment they could see you too.
The triangle whirlpool was different but very nice. The jets were very strong and helped my feet that were very sore from all the walking I did around town.
The restaurant was under staffed for the week; one cook and one waitress each day. We warned her before we left to prepare for the next day due to our numbers growing each day until the wedding. The food came out slow and we helped ourselves to extra sugar/water/napkins as needed. She was very friendly but overwhelmed.
They also have washers and dryers for guests to use and that came in very handy for us being on the road for so long.
I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Harborview Port Washington Hotel,, located just 20 miles North of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan. There are no other Wisconsin destinations that can offer the same sort of East-coast, New England-like charm. The Holiday Inn Harborview is one of the few Lake Michigan harbortown hotels in Wisconsin, offering a unique & charming boutique hotel experience. All guests are sure to appreciate the convenience of being adjacent to the Port Washington Marina, downtown shops & boutiques and some of the finest restaurants in the Milwaukee area including our very own Rusty Anchor Saloon & Eatery! For nearby recreation we are one of the only Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, Mequon and Grafton area hotels near: charter fishing on Lake Michigan (3 boats on property), Interurban Bike Trail (starts on property), Elkhart Lake Road America and Kohler Wisconsin. In addition, being one of the few Cedarburg area hotels, many guests will take the short 8-mile trip to experience the Cedar Creek Winery & antique shops in historic downtown Cedarburg. For corporate travelers, the hotel is conveniently located near WE Energies Port Washington Power Plant, Concordia University, Charter Steel, SKF, Simplicity, Allen Edmonds, Tecumseh, Leggett & Platt, Columbia St. Mary s and Kleen Test Products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Port Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Washington Hotel Port Washington
- Port Washington Holiday Inn