“Delicious”

Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Cute and nice cafe style. I had the salmon and the flavor was excellent. I also ordered the tiramiso and was disappointed as it was sort of bland…did not detect any Kalhua. Otherwise everyone was happy with what they ordered.

Visited December 2012

Wisconsin
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We love the appetizers and especially the salads. The wine list is nice and not to expensive. The food and service at this restaurant is top notch. The decor, well.......

• Visited November 2012
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Very good small town place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My Friday night clam chowder was very fresh tasting and well done. I had the pork osso bucco and it was falling apart tender, hot and flavorful. This kind of portion obviously takes a long time to prepare and I would love to know how they saved and reheated or just what they did. They have a very nice selection of salads with unique and fresh ingredients. Very good selection of deserts if you have room.

• Visited October 2012
Marseilles, Illinois
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I sat in the bar area on a Friday night when I went here. It was crowded but we were able to get a seat. The bartenders were extremely nice...always smiling and interacting with the guests. We had anticipated just getting drinks and an appetizer, but the food looked so good we looked over the menu again.

I ordered the margarita flatbread and the Tuscan meatloaf. The flatbread was very good, but it was similar to others I've had. The crust was delicious though! Now, the meatloaf...was amazing! It was unusual and very flavorful. The mashed potatoes were creamy and garlicky and the broccoli was cooked perfectly.

The drinks are strong and they have a nice selection of liquor to choose from.

I can't believe I never tried this place earlier...it is really a gem!

• Visited October 2012
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Walked in, no reservation, and were greeted by their very friendly hostess. Went to the bar and had a cocktail before being seated in the relaxing dining room. Started off the meal with a complimentary, delicious warm bread to dip in their house olive oil and parmesan. Next we had a crisp and very tasty mushroom flatbread and a house salad with italian dressing. Our entrees were the bone-in ribeye and the tuscan meatloaf. Both entrees were cooked perfectly and tasted incredible. No dessert, we were stuffed, but the tray looked fantastic. I would highly recommend this hidden jem of a restaurant to anyone, local or traveling. A short drive from Elkhart Lake and Kohler. I would suggest reservations on the weekend. Try it and you will be in for a treat.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Sweet Basil? Share your experiences!