“very satisfied”
Review of AmericInn Plymouth

AmericInn Plymouth
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We were there to visit my son who was working in the area. Check in was very quick, I was very pleased with how clean the room was. I forgot my comb so I called the front desk and in 30 seconds I had a comb delivered to my room. The breakfast was good and the coffee was excellent. The night we stayed was nice and quite. We will stay again next year if our son is in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy L
Kaushik P, General Manager at AmericInn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Cindy,
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay at the AmericInn Hotel Plymouth. I appreciate all your nice comments and am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel especially the quick response, friendly staff, and great breakfast that is offered. Please come back and stay with us next time you are passing through!

There are newer reviews for AmericInn Plymouth

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed recently at this hotel in Plymouth while attending a Porsche event at Road America. I typically stay 60 to 70 nights a year at Hotels and I would say that our stay at the AmericInn was very enjoyable. The staff was great. The young woman at the desk that worked both Saturday and Sunday was one of the best I have experienced. She was very friendly, efficient at her job and I was most impressed with how hard she worked. The facility was very clean and in very nice condition. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 56stu

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay at the AmericInn Hotel Plymouth. I appreciate all your nice comments and am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel especially the friendly staff, and great breakfast that is offered. Please come back and stay with us next time you are passing through!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Place was great and the staff was real good to work with we had a room that I could see my motorcycle from the window. Breakfast was good room was clean and well taken care of will stay again when in area had no issue with any part of the stay

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for letting us know how great your stay was at the AmericInn Plymouth! I hope that you had a wonderful time in Plymouth and look forward to you staying with us again when you are in Plymouth next.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I brought our family from the St. Louis area to Plymouth to visit with some old friends. I spoke to the general manager prior to making reservations and he was very helpful over the phone.

Check-In: Upon arrival on Saturday the 27th of July, the check-in desk was unoccupied with a sign that said to call for service. We called as instructed and very shortly someone walked in to help us. She was very polite and verified that pricing and roll-away were as agreed. Our check-in was quick and smooth.

Our Room: Upon entering our room, (Room 109) we found it to be clean, and as advertised. We were supplied with enough towels for 4, and I left a note the next morning for the cleaning staff to leave enough towels and supplies for 5. We came back in the evening to find our request had been met. The two queen beds were clean with crisp linens. The room included a nice flat-screen TV as well as a refrigerator and writing desk. The coat/garment rack included several hangers. The windows opened easily and drapes blacked out all light nicely. The roll-away bed we requested was suitable for a younger person, although I question whether it would be comfortable for an adult. Our children rotated using it and none complained, however. The room seemed quiet. I do not know if we had anyone next to us or not. The only noise that was noticeable was the maintenance crew mowing the green at the golf course next door. This is obviously not something the motel can control.

The Indoor Pool: Our kids made good use of the pool. The pool area was clean, water clear and free of debris. There were patio tables and chairs, a hot tub, and bathroom. The pool also has steps making it easy for entry and exit. We were charged 4 dollars a head to have our guests visit us and make us of the pool. My only complaint about this charge is that we were not made aware of this policy at check-in time.

Continental Breakfast: While staying here, we also made use of the continental breakfast. This included a coffee bar with several flavored syrups, juice machine with both apple and orange juice, fresh fruit, instant oatmeal, hot cocoa packets, muffins, a cabinet with bread, english muffins, and bagels, a toaster, hot sausage patties, hot egg patties, a belgian waffle iron and waffle mix, peanut butter, jelly, butter, cream cheese, milk, cereal, and cold hard boiled eggs. Each morning, I warmed an english muffin in the microwave and made a sausage and egg sandwich. I also made use of the waffle iron, which was very easy to use and the waffles very delicious. As continental breakfasts go, I was really impressed with this one. In fact, the food we had here was far better than the breakfast we had at the Dixie Truck Stop in McLean, IL on the way up.

Lobby: The lobby is where the breakfast tables are located. There is also a couple of lounge chairs and a sofa and coffee table. There is computer and a large screen TV. There is also a fireplace, but was not in use during our stay. We made use of the lobby area to entertain some guests with pizza and drinks. The employee on duty even offered for us to make use of the plates and tableware located in the breakfast area for our meal. It was a very comfortable area for socializing.

Check-Out: Our check-out was very expedient with no surprises.

Overall: Our stay here was for three nights 7/27/13 thru 7/30/13. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Our room as well as the rest of the motel was clean and inviting. I would highly recommend anyone staying in Plymouth to patronize this establishment.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank C_and_H_in_Staunton
Kaushik P, General Manager at AmericInn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made you feel welcomed. I'm very happy that everything in the room made things easier for you and was convenient. We're looking forward to seeing you again in the future when you are in the Plymouth area again. Thank You again for reviewing us

Reviewed July 17, 2013

After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor my husband and I decided to stay at this hotel for a Sunday and Monday night in July. Check-in was the best part of our experience. It was quick and efficient. Our experience went downhill from there.

When entering our room we noticed a definite mildewy smell. We attributed it to the air conditioning system but on closer inspection decided it was coming from the black mildewy looking substance on some of the grout in the bathroom shower. On the positive side, our non-smoking room didn't smell like stale smoke as did the non-smoking room down the hall occupied by a friend of ours. Our friend mentioned his tile grout was black in some places also. The queen sized beds were comfortable and the linens were up to date. The room seemed very clean except for the black stuff on the grout. The bathroom was extremely small and needed an update to the vanity and vinyl flooring. This was minor.

Breakfast was mediocre at best. The 2 warm offerings were what looked like a thin scrambled egg circle and a sausage patty. My husband who had eaten earlier than I at 7:15am told me what the meat offering was as there was none available when I came down to breakfast at 9:30 am. The tray was never replenished and the food items were all cleared out starting at 9:55am. My wrapped in cellophane muffin was dry and a bit stale.

Despite the room smell and the disappointing breakfast I was still planning on giving this hotel 4 stars until our bedroom phone started ringing all hours of the day and night with no one on the other end when answered For example, it rang at 10:10pm on Monday night and then again at 4:04am and 6:08 am on Tuesday morning. When it had rung in the am on Monday morning we had called the front desk but there were no messages. We didn't get much sleep.

The morning we were going to check out I was still going to give this hotel 3 stars. We came down to check out and eat breakfast at 7:25am. There was no one at the front desk but there was a sign saying that no one was available at the moment. The entire 25 minutes we were at breakfast no one showed up behind the front desk. When we were ready to check out there were also 2 other parties waiting to check out. We finally asked someone who we think was the maintenance man to help us. He said he would go and get the desk clerk who was across the parking lot at the Cousins Subs restaurant. The clerk showed up about 5 minutes later and checked us out.

That was the final straw in my decision to rate this establishment 2 stars. I recommend you book your next stay in Plymouth elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jvas
Kaushik P, General Manager at AmericInn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
Responding to your review will like to mention that mildew smell was of HVAC unit which we have taken care by washing the unit. Thank you for complimenting on our beds, linens but as far as size of bathroom it is very hard to change the layout due to size of the room. Hotel is 26 years old & still kept to the standards except for the bathroom ceramic tiles, bathroom floor & vanity. Early 2013 we renovated our hotel with new look of furniture, light fixtures, beds, linens, TV, drapes & framed vanity mirrors. Next year we are going to redo our bathroom with tub liners & new vanity sink & flooring. It was hard to do all at one time. We are trying our best to meet the standard & competition in our area by offering good service. For breakfast & checkout we have talked to our staff to be more prompt & quick for good service.
For your stay with us for 2 nights AmericInn Plymouth will refund your 1 night stay & will also like to offer a free night stay in future with us.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a wonderful establishment, and I wish more hotels were like this place. Clean, friendly staff, and very quiet. I had such a good night sleep there, and it was so much needed! Breakfast is very good, and there is REAL coffee served there with a variety of flavoured syrup. I would definitely stay there again, if I need to be in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the facility and the many amenities you had to offer.

We find the pool to be a wonderful resource for kids and families! We most certainly welcome our guests from corporate travelers to families looking for a getaway.

We hope that should your travels bring you to Plymouth, you will stay with us again

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our stay was quiet and comfortable. The room was very clean and that was extremely important to me. The food was really pretty good. The staff were warm and friendly and very helpful. This is a good location and price for us. Will stay here again.
Linda W. Madison, Wi.

Room Tip: All the rooms we have stayed in were fine. We will stay here again.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Plymouth
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to AmericInn Plymouth? Share your experiences!