“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Plymouth
Plymouth, Wisconsin
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Spent two weeks there and customer service was great, the manager was very pleasant and my over all stay was very satisfying. The hotel was very clean and friendly staff.I would recommend this motel to anyone!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
10 Thank James D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sheboygan, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stayed at this Americinn for a wedding in Sept. We had two rooms and when we got there we needed to cancel one because of our friends kids getting sick and unable to make it, they still charged us for the room........We got in from the wedding around midnite and at about 6 am we awoke from water running in bathroom. My husband went in and the floor was flooded from the tub all the way to the carpeting, the toilet sprung a big leak!He shut the valve off himself. He went to front desk to let them know and they told him to get pool towels to wipe it up........Anyways we were then unable to fall back to sleep, shower, get ready, brush our teeth because our bathroom was soaking wet with pool towels! WHen we checked out the front desk offered us $5 off our bill, kind of an insult, really! She then gave me a card and told me to call the manager the next day......He really wasnt sympathetic to our situation and offered us 20% off our stay, I still was not happy with that, so he said he will talk to corporate. He called back and offered 50% off, thats all corp. could do. I got corporates # and gave them all my info etc. and told me it is acutally up to the manager of the hotel on how much to charge. So he lied! Customer service was horrible! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Glad I live locally so I can tell everyone about our horrible experience at this hotel.....Plus our door didnt close tight and the breakfast wasnt impressive. Our room shouldve been comped, and the lady at corporate totally agreed, too bad the manager only cares about making money......and not friendly, fair customer service!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jodi B
AmericinnPlymouth, Manager at AmericInn Plymouth, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
In response to your review as you mentioned that your room that you were staying had problem for which we are going to refund you entire amount initially which was 50% will now be 100% refunded. But for second room if the reservation was made & it was not cancelled in timely manner our cancellation policy does mention that you have to cancel your reservation 24 hours in advance for which we had to charge. You should see refund as of October 21st 2011.

On a note you had mentioned that our breakfast is horrible, well we all know that we are offering FREE hot continental breakfast, so we should appreciate for what we are getting, it is not about making money only, we offer hot sausage,hot eggs, hot waffles muffins, danish, bagels, fresh fruit juice....
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Our stay at Americinn Inn was enjoyable. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.They were able to direct me to local shopping for items I needed. The rooms were
very clean and well stocked with towels and comfortable bedding. We were pleased with the rooms being so quiet. We were unable to hear any noise from nearby rooms or hallways.The free breakfast offered many choices and was well stocked and staff was available for refills of items.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank Mom022
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I have many Customers in Plymouth, and travel there often. Every stay is perfect.
Excellent staff.
Clean Rooms.
Beds are comfortable, and I always get a good sleep.
Very quiet and relaxing.
Good breakfast.
More TV Channels than I know what to do with.
The internet connection is fast and reliable.
A new Sub Shop and Pizzeria is now opened approximateky 20 feet from the hotels front door.
Everything I need in one place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
12 Thank JimDavisHouston
anoka
Reviewed June 10, 2008

first of all my aunt set up reservations for us over the phone. when my mother in law called to verify everything they had "lost" our reservation. they then told my mother in law that the room we "had" been given we couldn't have anyways, because there was a bike run going through and they needed the rooms with 2 queen beds saved. in my family there is me, my husband and we have three girls. my husband and i would be in one bed and my 2 girls would be in the other and my youngest would be in her play pen. my mother in law was told we would get a room with 1 queen bed and we could get a roll away bed that is usually charged $10.00 a night for free. so that was nice. well when we got there we almost didn't get a roll away because they were maybe being all used. my husband complained and we got one. well the next day we ended up going through SEVEN keys, cuz they quit working. the front desk lady was very rude and blamed us for the keys breaking. then we were down in the pool room with our kids and i went upstairs to get our camera. the maid was in there and all she did was pick up the towels and leave. she never changed the garbage or gave us new towels or soap. when we tried to leave my husband checked us out and had to go back in cuz they charged us for the roll away bed. he had to complain just to get it back. well my sister in law is the one who paid for the room for us as a gift. since we were not happy with our stay at all she called to get "some" of her money back. the GM was not in so she said she wanted the phone call from him by noon the next day or she was gonna go higher up. well he called her back today and he called her a liar, and refused to give her any sort of discount. he said that he knows his staff is very friendly, so there was no way he would believe her. he said there is cameras that he watched the tapes before he called, and saw that his staff was very friendly. well when it comes to hotel cameras there is no sound. so he couldn't have heard them. i know this for a fact. he then told her that he talked to the maid who "cleaned" our room. she told him that she had asked us to leave the room so she could clean it and we refused. we weren't even in the room when she was there. except when i went up there to get my camera. the GM was very rude to my sister in law and they do not do everything they can to satisfy their customers. they only care about themselves. they are a horrible hotel chain and don't ever stay there or recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything, the continental breakkfast was horrible by the way.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank nn_iacono
AmericinnPlymouth, Owner at AmericInn Plymouth, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
We are extremely sorry for your uncomfortable stay at Americinn motel in Plymouth. With new management & our very freindly welcome staff we will like you to come back to us & we will discount your stay 25% for 1 night of your stay. You will have the best service of all the problem you had in past. This compliment offer of 25 % is valdi until Dec.31st 2011. Please call us & we will help you at the best we will & we can.
jaysa2005
Reviewed June 10, 2008

This was the worst stay my family experienced!!! First we called to confirm our reservation with a confirmation number mind you, and they had no record of it. We had reserved a two queen room for 5 people and they had "lost" our reservation. So being that we were traveling and needed a hotel we reserved what they had left which was a one queen room (for 5 people). Later in the phone conversation they had found the original reservation but needed to CXL it for someone else!!! WHAT!!! We said that we had wanted the original reservation, the front desk agent proceeded to tell us that she had already cancelled the room and given it to someone else. This is all before we even left our own home. They said that they would provide us with a complimentary roll away for compensation. Through out our stay we went through 7 different keys. The front desk agent said that sometimes if you have a cell phone near it it will deactivate. Okay, however cant afford a cell phone hence why we chose this DUMPY hotel. The front desk agent responded with "Yeah Right" when we had told her we did not have a cell phone. Then our housekeeping service , well wait a minuet... If you call leaving dirty linnens, no soap, and not vaccuming housekeeping service well have fun are your dirty hotel. To top it off when we checked out they charged us for our complimentary roll away. It was brought to the attention of the front desk agent and said that she needed management approval in order to adjust... never was compensated for the roll away... Manager called me back after i had complained and asked for a call back but he proceeded to tell me i was wrong... WOW... well i didn't get very far except to write this review... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not choose to stay here. This place is not worthy of guests...

• Liked — Nothing!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank jaysa2005
Milwaukee
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I was charged a rate of $159.00 per night due to a PGA tournament about 20 miles away; with tax it came to $173.31. The room was way overpriced for what I received-I wouldn't pay over $65 per night maximum for this room. This is more $$$ than I pay for a Marriott hotel in Chicago that I stay at frequently.

Positives:
Room was quiet as advertised-couldn't hear people next door.
Everything worked in room. Newer shower curtain/showerhead in bathroom. Free internet computer usage in lobby.

Negatives:
Very small room-bathroom is so small impossible for 2 people to move around and no place to put anything on shelf/ledges. Very noisy exhaust fan in bathroom.
Room size was very small-hangers will not remove from hangar rod
Moldy smell from A/C in room
Whirpool and pool water were dirty-would not use
Continental breakfast extremely light in food quantity
Must cancel room at least 24 hours in advance, if done on corporate website-must be done there. Cannot call hotel to cancel.
People that checked in w/o reservations around 9PM were offered a rate of $89; those who had advance reservations like me were offered no discounts; hotel refused to give a AAA discount when I checked-in.
Light from parking lot lights shown thru curtains
Wireless internet wouldn't work-had to get "bridge kit" from frt desk to get it to work.
Bed was lumpy and not comfortable, pillows were useless.

For a great room at a reasonable price-stay at the Baymont Inn up the road. I found out the same owner runs that hotel also, but it is a very clean/well-maintained hotel compared to this location.

• Liked — Was relatively quiet
  • Disliked — See Review-too many things to list here
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank wayneinwisc
AmericinnPlymouth, Manager at AmericInn Plymouth, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding the rate change for USGA 2007. During the time of event not only our motel but motel's in our county were at higher rate. We are extremely sorry for the incovenience you had during your stay.

With new management of this motel we will like you to give us a opportunity to serve you more better next time when you stay with us in future.

Respectfully
MAnager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Plymouth
Baymont Inn & Suites Plymouth
#1 of 1 in Sheboygan Falls
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to AmericInn Plymouth? Share your experiences!